cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spinecho
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BT Wifi App Nexus 7 KitKat - Sorry, there has been problem getting your details!

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had to factory reset my 1st Gen Nexus 7 running KitKat (don't ask!).

I re-installed BT Wifi app and entered my BT/Yahoo email address & password, but I am constantly getting this error:

"Sorry, there has been a problem getting your details, please try again later"

I've tried for the past day with no success!

I have reset my password via BT website & opted out & re-opted into BT Fon, but still I cannot connect via BT app!!!

I can log into my email with same credentials and I can login to BT wifi via the BT Openzone website on my Nexus, but I don't want to do it that way!!!

Please help?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
trampas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Wifi App Nexus 7 KitKat - Sorry, there has been problem getting your details!

Go to solution

I had trouble when I switched Nexus 7 2013 devices as the old one had problems.  In the end I phoned customer support who deleted my details so that I could start again.

0 Ratings
spinecho
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Re: BT Wifi App Nexus 7 KitKat - Sorry, there has been problem getting your details!

Go to solution

trampas, thanks for the repy, looks like this is what I'll have to do.

0 Ratings
spinecho
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution
This has been changed to solved, but I still have problem! All BT customer support did was tell me to uninstall app, reboot and reinstall. Not very helpful.

Please can status be changed as I still cannot enter details/details not accepted.

Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

It is only the OP, you, who can change the status to solved. I don't think you can change it back. I wouldn't worry about it. Most folk ignore it and continue to post on solved threads anyway. 

0 Ratings
spinecho
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks....strange as I never changed the status to solved!!!!
I've emailed the address given in the app to see if they can help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

When you phoned customer services was it the BTWifi help line  0800 022 33 22

spinecho
Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution
Yup.
0 Ratings
spinecho
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution
And after a long discussion over the fact that the app wouldn't connect and them testing something (?) Putting me on hold for 2 minutes the suggestion was made to uninstall, reboot and reinstall, which I had already done, but I didn't have heart to tell him that!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

With opting in and out of BTWifi have you checked your status that you can still access BTWifi. I know you have said you can access it via BTOpenzone but might be worth checking.

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do;jsessionid=dGHLSFtXb7QQL529kJKhLYRB3gG2xhqjKYKpdXKP3hwkzd5g...