cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

BT Wifi-with-FON - log-in pop up page won't appear?

Hi, I'm having trouble logging onto BT wifi and not sure why. I often use a particular BT Wifi-with-FON hotspot to log onto the internet on my Macbook (this is not my home connection). It's always been the same hotspot and I've always logged on the same way - click the wifi icon on the bar at the top of the screen, select the hotspot from the dropdown list of wifi networks available, wait a few seconds and then BT's pop-up log-in screen will appear. Type my details in and that's that, I'm connected. For the past couple of weeks, no matter what I try, I can't get the log-in page to appear so cannot connect to the network. I've deleted the hotspot from my list of remembered networks to see if that reset anything but it hasn't. I've tried opening my browser and typing in various addresses as I've seen suggested on other websites, addresses which are supposed to take me to the log-in screen - they don't work, I just get the message saying I'm not connected to the internet. Does anyone know how to rectify this, please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Wifi-with-FON - log-in pop up page won't appear?

Can you log in to other wifi hotspots ok, if so it is possibly a problem with the hotspot you are unable to connect to. There is nothing anybody can do about that if it is a private hotspot being generated by a HH.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

There's no other hotspots around it to test out so not sure. The hotspot appears in my list of available networks with a full strength signal as normal so I can't see why it wouldn't let me connect. If they had switched it off it wouldn't appear any more, right? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

The wifi signal may be there, but if the hub has been disconnected from line or is borked, there will be no internet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Gotcha, thanks. Hope whoever owns the router realises and sorts it out soon!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Might be worth seeing if you can find another hotspot to try, just to discount a problem with your device.

0 Ratings