Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsndll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Yahoo Auto Forwarding

Go to solution

One of the tips following the recent Yahoo loss of data was to check for auto forwarding on my email account.

I've followed all the instructions that BT and Yahoo have online, but on my account settings I can't see anything to do with auto-forwarding on my primary account. I also can't see anything about POP on my primary account.

Does anyone know a way that works that I can use to check for any unwanted auto-forwards?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Yahoo Auto Forwarding

Go to solution

Select basic view first.

basic.jpg

0 Ratings
rsndll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you.

i hadn't seen that advice on any of the help pages

strange that you have turn off the fully featured view to change features

0 Ratings
MotherMoon
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I've just been told by a BT technician (via chat) that BT has stopped providing auto forwarding from BT Yahoo mail accounts. I have set up an Outlook.com webmail account in order to do this and avoid the constant logging out from my BT Yahoo mail, so now I'm stumped! Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Not sure if Outlook.com has the facility, but Gmail has the ability to 'pull' mail instead of 'pushing' it fromYahoo. However, it is far simpler to just use a mail client such as Thunderbird or Claws Mail.

0 Ratings
MotherMoon
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, Outlook can pull the emails, but I understand that this will only happen once or twice a day. The reason I wanted the emails auto-forwarded is that they would appear in my Outlook account as soon as they arrive with BT - ie a speedy email service! I feel that BT have let me down badly in this respect... especially as BT Mail and Yahoo Mail offer auto-forwarding, but for some strange reason, the BT Yahoo mail service no longer does so! 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Can you not configure the polling frequency? But, as I said, an email client would be a much better option.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I could be wrong but I think Outlook.com will fetch emails from other accounts every 30 minutes. This can not be changed.

0 Ratings
MotherMoon
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings