cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ik-178
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Yahoo Email - Security/Account Compromised Checking

For security checking purposes, would anyone be able to advise where the setting that allows you to check the undernoted items is in BT Yahoo Email as they are not showing in the settings cog or in the Primary BT ID account info:- 1. Recent Activity Log 2. Email Forwarding 3. Spam Filtering It would seem that, and as per BT's advice to check your account hasn't been compromised, that this functionality should be available to access and view. It also says on the Account page that BT have improved security - how and where can I see this?I therefore contacted BT a few months back to ask this very simple thing and was given the usual awful frustrating runaround over several days like it was some sort of comical game, except I wasn't laughing, and had to give up (which was the Indian Call Centre's full intention no doubt) otherwise I was going to erupt. Apparently, I just need to take and trust the word of the very same unhelpful jokers that my account is secure because they say it is!. Any help would be greatly appreciated in clarifying as to whether this info is/should be available to view and if so how and where this info can be viewed.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Email - Security/Account Compromised Checking

As far as I'm aware, none of that functionality exists any longer.

0 Ratings
ik-178
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, if this doesn't exist then how else are you meant to check that your account hasn't been compromised in anyway?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Put simply, you can't. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@ik-178 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, if this doesn't exist then how else are you meant to check that your account hasn't been compromised in anyway?

Hi.

I'm believe that Yahoo removed the functionality you require from their ISP partners some time back.

If you feel your account has been compromised in any way, login via webmail - check all the settings including looking for any auto-forwarding, reply-to address set etc to make sure that nothing is set. Change your password, and then alter all the security question answers.

You will need to keep a note or remember those security answers, but don't use real ones. For example if it asks for Mother's maiden name - enter something completely random unconnected.

0 Ratings