Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickWarner
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Yahoo Email client service highly unreliable recently

Hi,

I am on the old BTYahoo email system (not sure why as I though BT were supposed to be moving everyone over to something else a year or two back, but my email is still showing Yahoo on the screen).

I've noticed recently that the IMAP service allowing me to download my email to Outlook, and also the ability to load mail onto IOS devices, has become very unreliable.

It seems to go for hours at a time most days without being available.  

For example, this morning around 8.30am, I was able to sync up all my emails to Outlook, but this afternoon, the service is unreachable ("cannot connect to the server").

Last week, most days I could not connect for at least a few hours, and from Friday into Saturday it was unavailable for nearly 24 hours.

I am connecting (or attempting to connect) to mail.btinternet.com using imap and using ports 993 and 465 (IMAP / SMTP) and it's set to use SSL/TLS.

As said above - sometimes it works fine, but the service availability seems to be getting down towards 50% or less at the moment.

Am I the only one seeing this?

(FYI I am still able to see my email if I log in through the web interface - it's just the client downloads that seem not to be working).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Email client service highly unreliable recently

There are a number of existing threads discussing the same issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Problems-connecting-to-POP3-IMAP/td-p/1786726

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Email client service highly unreliable recently

@PatrickWarner wrote:

Hi,

I am on the old BTYahoo email system (not sure why as I though BT were supposed to be moving everyone over to something else a year or two back, but my email is still showing Yahoo on the screen).

I've noticed recently that the IMAP service allowing me to download my email to Outlook, and also the ability to load mail onto IOS devices, has become very unreliable.

Am I the only one seeing this?

(FYI I am still able to see my email if I log in through the web interface - it's just the client downloads that seem not to be working).

Hi.

As Keith said, there are a lot of reports on this topic.

As for migration from Yahoo, that was actually suspended in September 2014 for undisclosed reasons.

0 Ratings