Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bayla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Yahoo Homepage won't display when using Firefox

Go to solution

Everything was fine until last week when I got a load of malware on my computer and my browser suddenly shut down. Sorted that out but since then the BT Yahoo Homepage doesn't open properly but ONLY when I use Firefox as my browser (which I prefer) It works absolutely fine in IE and Chrome. In Firefox I just get a white page with a few bits and bobs on like this:

[URL=http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1VVMSq4Kq5feVrKHOJZbT6sjAIcr1][IMG]http://www.pixentral.co...

In IE & Chrome I get the regular homepage with news, weather, a link to my emails etc.

I've tried uninstalling Firefox & reinstalling, clearing history, all the usual things but it just won't show the regular page.

What has gone wrong?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
duncan10
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Yahoo Homepage won't display when using Firefox

Go to solution

Its obvious that although you have removed the viruses they have made changes to your programming this isn't cured just by removing them . You will need to  once again remove Firefox using a uninstaller like REVO which goes  into the registry on the deep setting and it will [hopefully] remove the  pieces of firefox programme that the virus has "dug into it" Then download Fire fox again and try it. I have had plenty of trouble like that in the past. A  light skim over to check is never enough. You could also download --Everything.com that will show you most files on your system with the ability to see if you scroll down any with the word -Firefox in it > and if you see any you can delete them. It wont delete anything the "trusted installer"" put in but its an extra check to see if all is clear. 

0 Ratings
Bayla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks you so much. It took two goes and a reboot of the computer but I just reinstalled Firefox and everything is working as normal.

Thanks you once again Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Great advice. Revo Uninstaller (I use Pro version) and Everything are 'must haves', I couldn't live without them.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Montague- like minds.   If it works its good!

0 Ratings
Bayla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I found Revo easily enough but not Everything - could someone send me a link?

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I have had this programme for so long I forgot where I got it from. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DOWNLOAD IT FROM CNET!!!- A big juicy ADWARE is waiting for you!- A good clean download with the latest version can be had at---www.viodtools.com-- As a precaution I tested them both having my protection programme permanently on the Paranoia setting-tells me every move and asks for clearance. VOIDTOOLS downloaded okay without a virus----bad on you cnet!

0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Duncan, just an error correction: www.voidtools.com is the correct place to download and install Everything. And yep, paradoxically download.com is a terror of a place to go for downloads.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the correction -Montague . I type too quick and don't always check what I put down. This isn't the first time I have had trouble from CNET many times -Protection says- Unreliable site/ site listed as having adware viruses /etc.. I remember when I first started out using a PC I was forever getting viruses because of an inadequate protection programme on downloading from the Web.

0 Ratings