Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Yahoo Mail - Problem ownership, etc

Go to solution

Dear all,

In my earlier post, I received several very helpfdul answers regarding my specific problems with the new BT Yahoo e-mail process - Thank you all.

What got lost in the rush of techno-speak, was my process ownership question, which I repeat here:-

My initial, and basic question is - Where can I see a register of all reported issues with this facility, with BT ownership, actions in place or planned (to fix problem) and expected fix-date?   These are very basic requirements of any system support group, especially one with paying external customers.

Again, thank you

Doug Adams

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - Problem ownership, etc

Go to solution

Anyone able to answer this, or do I just forget it, and move?

Doug Adams

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - Problem ownership, etc

Go to solution

@Doug_Adams wrote:

My initial, and basic question is - Where can I see a register of all reported issues with this facility, with BT ownership, actions in place or planned (to fix problem) and expected fix-date?   These are very basic requirements of any system support group, especially one with paying external customers.

Imho nowhere, I'm sorry to say. It's not a BT problem, other than that they (Warren Buckley, who signed the emails back in October) exhorted customers to switch. As I've posted somewhere else, I tried it many months ago when it first emerged, and quickly reverted to Classic because of the problems I experienced. This time, as did several others who have posted, I simply ignored those dire warnings that were so reprehensibly misleading.

If there is a register of issues with fix-date etc it will be with Yahoo and no doubt "subject to commercial confidentiality". All you can hope to do is trawl through these forums and seek the different issues that have been raised. I'm pretty sure nobody from BT or Yahoo has come up with a specific fix or timeframe, or even an acknowlegement that there are ongoing issues that have not been resolved. Don't forget this is basically a peer-to-peer forum, although mods decide sometimes to seek and transmit information from up the chain, as in the email snooping threads, or intervene to help individual cases of hardship or chronic ill-treatment by Customer Services, Billing etc.

Your best bet is, as has been suggested already, to revert to Classic - it's not that hard (though for how long is anybody's guess -

If you decide not to upgrade now, that’s okay. Your current version of BT Yahoo! Mail will keep working for the next few months. (said Mr Buckley vaguely in October - my bold) or use Thunderbird, again as was suggested, or.... (but I'm not allowed to say that Smiley Wink )