I can add new contacts, lists etc. from the right hand pane without any problem.
However, when it comes to composing an email using contacts from a list, the drop down box seems to contain old entries and any I have added from the right hand pane are not there. There seems to be no sync between the two. Using different browsers makes no difference. This is a recent problem.
Has anyone any ideas?
Sorry I can't help but I am having the same problem too. I saw someone had suggested that you start typing the name but I need to send emails out to over 100 addresses so this is not going to work for me. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has any solution to this problem.
Yes, I am having exactly the same problem. Since the contacts was recently switched over to pane on the right side it doesn't seem to sync with the contact list when one clicks on the To (or CC or BCC) in an email.
Also the contact list no longer contains first name and surname, just "name".
Could BT Yahoo please sort this out asap?
AND - while they are at it - you can no longer create a new contact from an incoming e-mail - you can hover over the address and get a basic contact card pop up, but you no longer have the option to add that person as a contact.
I find I cannot now access my contacts at all (past fortnight or so). If I hover over the contacts button it turns blue, and if I click it it turns orange, but nothing happens. I can still address mail to any of my contacts but cannot see my contact list, or add to it.
Have to say, add to contacts has reappeared on my Yahoo BT mail page. Not sure why - recent firefox update?
I contacted BT Help desk. They had no explanation but advised that I go off Firefox( which I have used for 5 years now) onto Windows edge. Not happy, but they were right. Contacts now works. So maybe, as you say, it was an issue with Firefox.
Try going back to firefox - there's no logical(!) reason for it, but I found it started to work correctly after I'd tried edge,
I have the same problem with BT Mail (now Yahoo) which occurred in the last week.
Contacted the "unhelpful" desk and was advised to update EDGE, and the contact list would work. Opening E£DGE it indicated it was up to date, and had been for at least 6 hours before I made contact with the desk.
My computer service agent examined the PC and confirmed it was fully up to date, and it was suggested the issue was with BT. Typing partial names is time consuming.