cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Yahoo! Mail

I wasn't asked if I wanted to transfer and did not offer.
I didn't even know the system had restarted - it just happened with receipt of an email from BT telling me it had been done and advising to check server details etc.
I ultimately spoke to the Customer Services because I have a second BTYahoo email address which has not transferred.
The understanding is that migration is being done slowly in small batches over a period of time - so we wait and see how it goes.
To date I have not read of any issues this time - which after the chaos three years or so ago must be encouraging.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

It appears you are incorrect Sir. After 5 years of being told it will never happen, looks like I have just been migrated to BTMail - yeeharrrr!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Likewise, it appears you are incorrect Sir. After 5 years of being told it will never happen, looks like I have just been migrated to BTMail - yeeharrrr!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

@BikerDon wrote:

Likewise, it appears you are incorrect Sir. After 5 years of being told it will never happen, looks like I have just been migrated to BTMail - yeeharrrr!

Brace your self.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/td-p/2052978

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Six months on from my post above about my secondary msil address being moved from BT Yahoo mail to BT mall my Primary address haa just been transferred as well so the work is obviously still ongoing.

As I decided to remove and reinstall for a clean start I had slight issue where setup put Port 25 for Out going mail using IMAP and had to be changed to 465.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Sadly it seems, Port 25 is inserted at times when you allow automatic set up.

For less 'savvy' users this may well prove a nuisance.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

It all depends on which email client/app you are using. If port 25 is selected it is usually an "older" email client that is being used and the "onboard" wizard/set up has not been updated.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

@tickhill wrote:

Six months on from my post above about my secondary msil address being moved from BT Yahoo mail to BT mall my Primary address haa just been transferred as well so the work is obviously still ongoing.

As I decided to remove and reinstall for a clean start I had slight issue where setup put Port 25 for Out going mail using IMAP and had to be changed to 465.

Actually port 25 is still supported, although why anybody should want to use an insecure port I don't know.

Obviously port 25 won't work if SSL is selected as it is not a secure port nor will port 465 work without SSL selected.

0 Ratings