Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjr1006
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Yahoo Webmail Problems since latest redesign

Go to solution

Hi

My wife and I both use the BT Yahoo webmail to check our emails. Since the latest redesign we've experienced some issues with the functionality of the service.

In particular, when we log into the Inbox initially everything is fine. We can check emails, send emails and move between folders etc. After a while however moving between folders (e.g. Inbox to Spam) or moving between pages of the Inbox becomes unresponsive. Refreshing the Inbox also becomes unresponsive.

The only fix, which is only temporary, is to log out and back in again. The service will work OK for a while before showing the same problems.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It seems to occur on different computers and on different browsers. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Yahoo Webmail Problems since latest redesign

Go to solution

@mjr1006 wrote:

Hi

My wife and I both use the BT Yahoo webmail to check our emails. Since the latest redesign we've experienced some issues with the functionality of the service.

In particular, when we log into the Inbox initially everything is fine. We can check emails, send emails and move between folders etc. After a while however moving between folders (e.g. Inbox to Spam) or moving between pages of the Inbox becomes unresponsive. Refreshing the Inbox also becomes unresponsive.

The only fix, which is only temporary, is to log out and back in again. The service will work OK for a while before showing the same problems.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It seems to occur on different computers and on different browsers. 

Its just the way webmail is, it can be very slow and can lock up. Its better to use an e-mail program to access your mail, then you can move stuff around very quickly between folders, and even between different accounts.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

You could always revert to the "classic" version of webmail, but I cannot remember whether that supports drag and drop.

0 Ratings
mjr1006
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Keith, thanks for your comments.

We've been unable to return to the classic version of webmail. The previous "new look" version of webmail seemed to allow you to switch between classic and new. However, this current version seems to have removed that functionality. If there's a way to go back then I know my wife would prefer it.

We have in the past used an email client to download the messages. On balance though we've always preferred the webmail option, especially as we access our mail from multiple machines.

I guess my main issue is that we've never had this "freezing" issue manifest itself before the latest version of webmail was rolled out and it's just making use of the service something of a pain. Removing the option of going back to an earlier version of webmail is also frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

To revert to classic try Andy's invaluable page link

There's also a method that involves resetting the screen resolution. Somewhere on a thread on these forums.

.... here!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@mjr1006 wrote:

Keith, thanks for your comments.

We have in the past used an email client to download the messages. On balance though we've always preferred the webmail option, especially as we access our mail from multiple machines.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you use an IMAP client, you can install that on multiple machines machines, and each one will synchronise with the Yahoo server.
Its only with POP3 that you cannot do that.
You can still use webmail as well, if you need to.

0 Ratings
mjr1006
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for these. We've reset to an earlier webmail version using the screen resolution method. I think that's solved our problem for now.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Pleased to hear that worked. Thanks for reporting the method you used - it might be useful for others to know.

0 Ratings