cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Yahoo! Webmail login works but IMAP/POP/SMTP says incorrcet password

For the second time in 2 days retreival of mail via POP (win 10) and IMAP (Iphone) is failing. I can log in to myBT and/or directly into yahoo using these credentails so there is an inconsistency between the services. Yesterday I fixed the issue by going via the mail password reset function but resetting the pasword to the same as it was before.

What is going on ?

Denis

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Yahoo! Webmail login works but IMAP/POP/SMTP says incorrcet password

I am in the same position.

I contacted BT who denied any problems and said the issue was with my machine (which means ywo of them and my iphone)

HELp!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have the same issue. On the web I can access emails.

On my mac I can send mail but get a password error on trying to recieve. Has been like this since 20th July. 

And it was simply a case of working one day then not!

All login details are correct.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

This is exactly the problem I am having. It appeared to have been an issue since around 20/7/17

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I also have this problem so i can use webmail but not iphone/ipad. its so annoying - can someone please help

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I have the same issue. I can access emails via Webmail on my iMac but not via my email folders. This happened completely out of the blue last Tuesday/Wednesday, 25/26 July. No settings have been altered.

The problem seems to be the connection to Yahoo/IMAP. Webmail is not as convenient.

BT says it is aware of the problem, its servers are currently down and the problem should be fixed by 8pm this evening. I am not holding my breath.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

My broadband contract is expired this month and given that the internet has been dropping out frequently in recent months coupled with this latest issue means that I will be looking elsewhere for my IT connectivity. very poor service

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Same here and even though this is posted lots elsewhere on the www and apple forums I am surprised it is not highlighted on here as it does seem to be a btyahoo problem.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Are others still having this problem?

My mail has been off since 20th July

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

I am having similar problems on my pc, windows 7, outlook 2007. Sometimes it will work OK, then later in the day it keeps comingup with the enter password screen. This is a problem that I have previously but not for some time.

Unfortunately the BT help desk are no help at all in this situation as all they care about is if you can log on via webmail.

0 Ratings