cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

BT Yahoo e-mails with attachments

Since this morning, I have not been able to open, download or view attachments to incoming e-mails.   I can read the e-mails but not the attachments.   This applies to several e-mails, all with different sizes of attachments which I would normally be able to handle no problem.   I have not made any changes to my computer or software.   Help, please ....

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: BT Yahoo e-mails with attachments

@Doug_Adams wrote:

Since this morning, I have not been able to open, download or view attachments to incoming e-mails.   I can read the e-mails but not the attachments.   This applies to several e-mails, all with different sizes of attachments which I would normally be able to handle no problem.   I have not made any changes to my computer or software.   Help, please ....

You are the second person who has mentioned this probem. I will try to find the other thread for you.

This is it  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/can-t-open-an-attachment-rec-d-via-latest-Best-ever-supe...

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 30

Keith,   Thank you.   The thread you referred me to is similar in that you can attempt to download an attachment and nothing happens, but I've been on this version of BT Yahoo for a couple of months and nothing, to my knowledge, has changed in my software environment. 

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 30

Keith,   Quite literally, touching any option with the word 'download' in it is totally ignored.   Doug

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 30

I now discover that I cannot look at simple attachments linked to e-mails I have sent out!   Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 30

I assume that you have tried a different web browser?

I use the Thunderbird e-mail client, and have just tried sending some attachments from one of my other accounts, and can download them without a problem. So its not a server issue.

Our resident e-mail expert on this forum is Andy_N, he may come up with an answer.

0 Ratings
stuartr55
Distinguished Member
Message 7 of 30

I have the same problem also from today.

My wife got an error message the first time it happened this afternoon, something to do with power. Since then I click on the attachment nothing happens.

I still have a free email account with my former ISP. I forwarded the email to that account and the attachment opened no problem and also other attachments opened no problem. No way in a hundred years will I go back to my old ISP but in this situation they were  a useful backup.

I have logged the problem with customer support and wait and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Stuart,   Have you had a response from BT?   I still have the problem.

Anyone out there able to assist?   This really is getting difficult to manage (without attachments).

Many thanks

Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

Can you not use an e-mail client as I suggested, until the issue is resolved? You can still use webmail as well.

See Thunderbird setup for BT Yahoo e-mail

You may not want to go back to using webmail Smiley Wink

Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Thank you, Keith.   I had not ignored your kind suggestion and intend to do as you suggest this morning.   However, being 123 years old (been a long week) I may wait until one of the grandchildren arrive!   I'll let you know how it works out.

Being from a process and audit background, I'm always intrigued (and annoyed) when something changes in an environment when nothing, to my knowledge, has been altered.   Again, thank you.  

0 Ratings