Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT Yahoo e-mails with attachments

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

You may not want to go back to using webmail Smiley Wink

True. I've used an email client ever since I learned to turn a computer on, and have not come across a single reason to turn to webmail. Webmail is handy when I'm away from home with another device; I just delete any unwanted stuff and download the rest when I get back to the primary computer. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

Keith,

When I'm away from home, as I am next week, I currently access my e-mails via Vodaphone/Blackberry.   Will this be affected by your proposed option?   Thank you   Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

@Doug_Adams wrote:

Keith,

When I'm away from home, as I am next week, I currently access my e-mails via Vodaphone/Blackberry.   Will this be affected by your proposed option?   Thank you   Doug

No, Thunderbird simply reproduces whatever is on the BT Yahoo server. How do you use your Blackberry on e-mail?

Is it via webmail, or is a special e-mail program?

Have you any idea if it uses IMAP or Pop3?

If you send e-mails from it, doe they appear in the webmail "sent" folder, or only on the phone?

If you receive e-mails on it, can you still see them on webmail afterwards?

Sorry for all the questions Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Keith,

I'll try the technical stuff later.   I don't send e-mails from the 'phone.   I get alerted when new e-mails arrive in the (BT) in-box.   I then read them and either keep them or delete them, when I am given the choice of just deleting from the 'phone or also from the actual (BT) in-box.  

Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Do you use folders on webmail, if you do, can you see the folders on your phone as well?

I would suspect that the Blackberry is using POP3, so that mail is downloaded to the phone, and deleted off webmail.

Using Thunderbird at home will not present a problem.

If you set it up exactly as shown in my instructions, it will simply replicate what is on webmail, any you can do what you like with any attachments.

0 Ratings
stuartr55
Distinguished Member
Message 16 of 30

Doug

Thanks for the reply

I have not yet heard from BT

Last I used Google Chrome to log into BT and the attachments opened no problem.Google Chrome was already installed on my computer but I think that you can get it free off the internet.

This will do until I hear from BT

Thanks

Stuart
0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Stuart,

Thank you, I tried via the back door, aka Google Chrome, and my attachments suddenly became accessible again.   Having spent over 30 years working for 'Big Blue' I've stopped trying to work out the 'how' of these things.

By copy,Keith, I'll keep and try your alternative process, Thunderword, for later this week.

Doug

0 Ratings
dwb
Beginner
Message 18 of 30

BT Yahoo Webmail - Cannot download attachments or attach any either.

Hi I have 2 pc's that are both giving me the same problem with IE9 and BT webmail. one runs vista and the other Windows7

If I click to download an attachment I get the Norton scan pop up box.

I then click continue but then the IE download box at the bottom of the screen does not appear, and the download does not take place.

This seems to only be a problem with the BT Web mail as I have then forwarded the files to a hotmail account and have successfully downloaded the files, with the IE downloadbox appearing.

I'm confused.

Is this a fault with BT webmail ?

EDIT - Ive also now tried attaching a photo to and email and the webmail service will not let that hapen either.

It puts a red box up saying file cannot be attached.

Smiley Mad

Thanks DWB

0 Ratings
Tioc99
Beginner
Message 19 of 30

Hi folks.

I have the same problem. Would you say that this problem is exclusive to BT Yahoo users in MS Explorer? Mine won't allow me to attach files anymore either!!! Exaspirating!

0 Ratings
jamie1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Re: BT Yahoo Webmail - Cannot download attachments

I would like to suggest that you firstly reset IE to defaults by going to Tools> Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Press the reset button.

Should this not work, then I would suggest you ensure that Java is fully up to date.

Do you have this issue with any other browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

0 Ratings