cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 66

BT Yahoo email not working

Has anyone else had a problem logging into the email. It works OK on Firefox but on IE explorer (9) it accepts my login details but the next page just times out. This has only been a problem since this morning.
0 Ratings
65 REPLIES 65
gardenwoman
Beginner
Message 2 of 66

Re: BT Yahoo email not working

Same with me! Have had to download Firefox to get the e-mail message from BT so I could join in the forum. All very strange - am using Vista and my BT Yahoo home page doesn't load, same with my other half (using XP) Is the problem with Internet Explorer?

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 3 of 66

Hi All

We're aware of a temporary problem with BT Yahoo this morning which may mean you get errors on the homepage.  Sorry if you've been affected. We're working to fix this as soon as possible. 

Thx

Kerry  

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 66

According to BT, they have gremlins in the works and their engineers are trying to fix it. It had me puzzled this morning when I was unable to access my homepage or email, but a quick phone-call to BT and I found out (after pressing 1 for this and 2 for that and having to ring another number and again go through the pressing numbers lark again) about their problems.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 66

Everything is back to normal at this end. Smiley Very Happy

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 66

Hi All

I'm pleased to say that this issue was fixed earlier today.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 7 of 66

Is  it broken again? I have been having problems since yesterday in both IE9 and Firefox.

It sometimes comes up after a few minutes or it times out. The rest of the web is working just fine.

Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 66

No problems here. All working fine. (have you checked the service status in your area?)

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 9 of 66

Nothing on the service status page for my area. I have tried a different computer with the same result.

It must be Bt Yahoo. The rest of the BT area is working Ok just the Home page very, very, very slow to load.

My wife's log in has the same issue.

0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 10 of 66

More info:

Once the Home page comes up, access to email is ok, but when you try to go back to the Home page you wait forever, as you do when logging on.

So it is just the Home page that is very slow. (same for different users and different PCs) 

0 Ratings