cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracey_R
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Yahoo email problems June 12th 2012

I am having huge problems trying to access my email (via the web at btyahoo.com) - I've restarted my computer and router, and tried 4 different browsers, but I'm unable to access emails.

I can access GMail and all other websites I need to without problem, so I know it is NOT a broadband issue, but specifically a BT Yahoo issue - please can you let me know if this is being looked into? I'm absolutely stuck not being able to access files someone has sent me.

thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Yahoo email problems June 12th 2012

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or  Contact BT  ,or telephone 0800 800 150

I can access Yahoo mail fine here. The Yahoo calendar had been playing up the last couple of days.

0 Ratings
Tracey_R
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi Keith, thanks for directing me - its my first time on this forum.

Yes I've had calendar problems too, but email was ok till today - it's almost unusable 😞

kind regards
Tracey
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

0 Ratings
Tracey_R
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks Keith, I'm trying to avoid using a client as i need to access my email from wherever I am, not on one computer ...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

If you use IMAP access, then mail is still available from other devices. Its only POP3 access that will delete mail if not configured correctly.

The instructions I describe, set it up for IMAP, and will allow you to read all your folders from your normal Yahoo webmail.

Any changes you make on Thunderbird will be reflected on webmail, and vice versa.

The usual mistake people make when using e-mail clients, is to set them up to use POP3 access, then find that all their e-mails have been downloaded and removed from webmail.

It may solve your problem of your missing files.

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I use outlook for my email and Btinternet emails are working ok here, I also logged on to BTyahoo and sent a test message and received one that way so it seems to be working here at the moment, maybe just a local glitch? 🙂

0 Ratings
Tracey_R
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hi Keith, I called 0808 100 6778 (which is the premium mail service, which I subscribe to) & turns out there's a problem with the server my account is on - it appears to be fix now, as is the calendar, so if you're still experiencing a problem with the calendar it may be worth contacting them.

kind regards
Tracey
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Tracey,

That is interesting, I will add that phone number to my help menu, as we get a lot of questions about Premium mail.

Calendar is fine now, although I did copy my stuff over to the Google calendar as well, over the weekend, in case I needed access to it.

Thank you for your feedback.

0 Ratings
Tracey_R
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

hi Keith,

you're welcome - and thanks very much for your help , and for explaining IMAP vs POP3 🙂 I will have a go!

kind regards
Tracey
0 Ratings