Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanB-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT YouView Issues

Go to solution

@cooperman, thanks for your response. I have previously used a very long ethernet cable between HH & YV. That setup certainly works, whether it is a permanent solution remains to be seen as I couldn't leave the cable going across a hallway for too long. At the moment then it's not a permanent solution, unfortunately.

The bit which I don't understand is why the setup works for a period of days before not working, and hence requiring a 'reboot'.

Is there anything on the HH I can check with perhaps the help of one of the moderators?

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

I’m not aware of any specific setting in the HH that will ease or rectify your problem. If you are having to reboot even when connected with an Ethernet cable then it suggests it’s a hardware fault with either the Youview box or the HH.

Although there are clearly many users of the various iterations of the HH who don’t get problems you don’t have to look at too many topics on these forums to realise that they are not of a consistent quality. It would, in my opinion, be worth considering a third party modem/router to replace the HH. There are several compatible units on the market with a range in pricing from around £30 upwards. The outlay is well worth it compared to the reliability and frustration you get with a system that is not giving you what you want.

0 Ratings
IanB-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Good Evening All,

So that the solution to my tale of woe can be shared and with a bit of luck, help someone else in the same predicament, the solution which has transformed the quality of the BT Sport channels for me, was in fact, a couple of BT mini connectors to replace the two old BT Black 500 Extenders.   

They were purchased from BT and immediately fixed the issue. The result has been a reliable, watchable picture available every time I wanted to watch sports on the BT Sports channels. I even signed up for BT Sport in HD, the mini connectors handling that with ease.

Result Smiley Very Happy

dfel100
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Dear Ian

I have a similar problem, so could you tell me how much the new connectors were and who you contacted at BY (because it is sometime a minefield!)

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
IanB-99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Hi dfel100 ,

They cost me £20. I logged into MyBT, scrolled down the page to the "How do I Report a Broadband fault", went through the first few steps to get to the point where I could initiate an online chat with someone from BT  ( I can't recall now if the online chat window popped up or I had to select that as an option). Advised them of the issue I was experiencing with the black extenders and asked them for a pair of the mini connectors. They confirmed the cost and sent them to me.

Hope this works for you.

0 Ratings
dfel100
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

That's great IanB-99, I'll give it a try.  Thanks for the tip

Kind regards

0 Ratings