Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT YouView channels for Sky Sports 1,2 & 5

Go to solution

Hi all. Just joined BT YouView and subscribed to Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5, but can't find any of them. Tried asking BT for channel numbers, but they seem to be reluctant  to tell me. All they tell me is that I need YouView +. Acording to all my paperwork, I have a YouView + set top box. If someone can tell me what channels to go for, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT YouView channels for Sky Sports 1,2 & 5

Go to solution
Hi, Sky Sports 1,2 & 5 are not available on BT Youview Boxes. They are only available on the older BT Vision Boxes.
If when you ordered BT TV you requested Sky Sports channels, BT should have sent you a BT Vision Box not a BT Youview Box.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

You can't get any Sky Sports channels on a YouView box at the moment.  You would need a BT Vision+ box, which is a different thing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks. I'll have to leave it until tomorrow. Why do BT advertise on TV that you can watch Sky Sports on BT, when you can't. Ive paid an extra £21 a month. It's all very confusing for me. I get really lost in translation and my TV is my only form of entertainment. I hate movies and most of the so called comedy shows. As I am disabled and like my sports, my sons suggested I go for this package. Looks like I have been ripped off again. The girl I first spoke to, didn't know what the costs were involved and someone would call me on my landline. I missed the call, but I received an email to tell me I had missed it, but someone would call back by 8.00pm. No such call came.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Hi, you haven't been ripped off. BT and Sky can't agree a new deal with the BT Youview Box to receive Sky Sports channels. It is subject to an ongoing court appeal but as it stands today, if you want Sky Sports you need the older BT Vision Box which still has the Sky sports agreement.
Are you new to BT? Did you ask for Sky sports?

Stew
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi stokkers, 

Thanks for you for your post. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will get this checked for you. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Stokers,

Hope the Forum Moderators can help you out,

I am sure a mistake has been made somewhere which although frustratingly it may take time to rectify, the Moderators can look at your account and rectify the problem.

Regardless of who has what contract with Sky and BT it is confusuing what box you should get.  When i had BT Vision 1.5 (original black box) i had a card to watch the channels such as ESPN and so on but didnt have Sky SPorts. however when i had Youview on trial, i got all the sports channels via my Infinity connection - so there maybe a solution

Good luck and let us know how you get on 🙂

cg

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Stokkers wrote:

Hi all. Just joined BT YouView and subscribed to Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5, but can't find any of them. Tried asking BT for channel numbers, but they seem to be reluctant  to tell me. All they tell me is that I need YouView +. Acording to all my paperwork, I have a YouView + set top box. If someone can tell me what channels to go for, I'd really appreciate it.

The channel numbers are as listed on this page.

http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-youview-channel-listing.html

As others have said, if you ordered Sky Sports at the same time as ordering a new BT TV subscription then BT should have sent you a BT Vision+ box rather than a BT Youview+ box.

On a BT Vision+ box the following 3 additional channels can be received over Infinity broadband. This is due to the older BT Vision platform agreement between Ofcom, Sky and BT made before the newer Youview platform was released.

• 501 - Sky Sports 1
  • 502 - Sky Sports 2
  • 524 - Sky Sports 5
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I can't remember the answer what was the reason for Sky Sports 5 not moving over to the YouView Box again ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

BT and Sky agreement was renewed that only included Sky Sports 1 and 2 which you can get if you have the Youview Box and Infinity. Note you cant get Sky Sports if you have two boxes 😞

0 Ratings