cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT YouView failed recordings

Hi - I have the new style BT box (received Sept 2014) and after finally getting past the "short recordings" debacle, the box has a new problem - it has decided not to record some programs at all.

I set recordings via the guide, but after the recording should have started there is no Red light on the front of the box and no recording shows in the "recordings" library.

I have done a full reset (recordings retained, but everyhting else wiped) but it is still happening.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT YouView failed recordings

Hi - You mention - 

it has decided not to record some programs at all.

So is it that  some programs reecord and some don;t .

Is there any pattern  - ie same  channels/mix  /series record or single recording/HD or standard definition programs/ IP or Freeview programmes/box standby mode high or low/failures when box using both tuners at same time/ consequtive recordings etc?

Can you record successfully the current program you are watching ?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Zulu17 - there seems to be no pattern at all. Most of the channels I watch are Freeview HD, some failed recordings are one off and some are series link. I recall failed recordings when the box is in standby and some whilst I am watching other channels.

I cannot be more precise than this - after months of failed recordings due to the previous software issues I am amazed that this PVR is faltering again. I am confident I am not doing anything wrong myself - I have used PVRs for years without issue (until now) and I cannot understand how, if I book a recording via the guide, the box doesn't actually make the recording !

Yet another software issue ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi - does anyone have any ideas ? The box has the most upto date software and I have already done a full reset (the version that wipes everything but the existing recordings).

Where do I go now ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

I have a problem with failed recordings too, though it just seems to be on one channel - Film4.  The red R symbol appears in the guide and the programmes/films are registered in my Scheduled list, but they either simply do not record or I get a 'failed' notification.  I also have some problems on Channel 4 with series record - it won't offer me the series option for some programmes that are series.

Sorry I can't help with your query, just didn't want to start a new thread.  Let's hope for a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have similar problem. All recordings failed. When trying to play existing recording, skipped to end and showed 'watched'. Contacted bt and advised to 'factory reset'. Did this retaining recordings and was OK. 5 days later I have repeat of the problem - any ideas?

0 Ratings