cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 300

Re: BT YouView

Just got the £49 email too, not bad I spose for a new YouView box!

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 92 of 300

Bit annoyed that new customers get it for free though. Loyalty counts for nothing these days.....
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 93 of 300

Ah, just re-read that link more carefully. New customers still have to pay £49 delivery....so it all works out the same.
0 Ratings
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 300

Well they say it should £299 so it's not too bad, might be interesting to phone BT and say you're leaving BT as not happy about new customers getting it for free and see what happens....

0 Ratings
rewsan
Contributor
Message 95 of 300

Did anyone notice the smallprint at the bottom:

'*** £6.95 delivery. Existing customers will need to be out of their minimum term'

So will those of us still in contract not be able to upgrade?

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 96 of 300

You can upgrade, but you will have to pay the full £299 for the box. To be honest, that was to be expected.
0 Ratings
jackietree
Beginner
Message 97 of 300

That's pretty frustrating. I've been a BT Vision and Total Broadband customer for 3 years but upgraded to BT Infinity in March so am still in my minimum term on that. So it seems I'm going to miss out on the £49 box for upgrading to Infinity too early!

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 98 of 300

@drhowells wrote:
You can upgrade, but you will have to pay the full £299 for the box. To be honest, that was to be expected.

I didn't read it that way DRH. I read it as £49 activation fee and £49 for the box (plus £6.95 delivery).

"YouView from BT will be available with all of BT’s TV and broadband packages and will launch on 26 October. Existing customers can also upgrade to YouView for £49 ***."

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 99 of 300

Sorry, I got that from the e-mail I received:

To move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box for £49, you'll need to be out of your minimum term contract and take out a new 12-month contract for BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity and BT Vision. Customers within their minimum term can purchase the YouView box for £299.

0 Ratings
rewsan
Contributor
Message 100 of 300

Masona,

Scroll to the bottom and you will see the small print the matches those 3 stars at the end of your quote.

*** £6.95 delivery. Existing customers will need to be out of their minimum term

It doesn't say what the charge will be for existing customers in contract.

0 Ratings