Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 300

Re: BT YouView

AlanS
Aspiring Expert
Message 172 of 300

I too got the email about Youview. Might be a bit thick here but by 12 month minimum contract do they mean a customer in their first 12 months with BT? I've been with Vision for a few years but have just recontracted to get the sports. Am I eligible for the cheaper box? I probably won't go for it as I know the Youview box  doesn't have SS1/2 and ESPN but just in case. Also if I don't opt for it during the week it is offered to me as a pre-registered customer, can I still get it later on at the cheaper price? Will Youview get Sports any time soon?

0 Ratings
some_old_codger
Contributor
Message 173 of 300

Now you've got me confused.

You can't get Sky Sports if your a pay as you go customer. So your not. Your contracted, as the discounted £12.30 your paying for Sky Sports illustrates. But you need to ring BT to ask them about this, as no one on here can answer any questions you may have about your situation.

Yes, I must be contracted and, now I think about it, it's till next month so I'm just gonna wait and see if they try and put the price up.

I've also been checking out the 'Now TV' option on youview, (BT or otherwise), which is meant to be having sky sports 1 & 2 later this year so maybe that's the way to go.

0 Ratings
tyre_kicker
Contributor
Message 174 of 300

Surely if they were going to have Sky sports later this year they would have held up the release date.I think it will be a lot longer than that befre you can watch let alone record sky sports on you view.

0 Ratings
some_old_codger
Contributor
Message 175 of 300

Something I've just realised is that Sky Sports 1 & 2 are only available in BT ifinity enabled areas now on the new offers so maybe they're thinking that's the way they'll be providing sky sports from now on, probably together with their own sports offering next season, (they've got some of the EPL games lives from next year as we probably all know).

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 176 of 300

The BT YouView Q&A pages have now been updated -

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40469

But still quite a bit left unanswered...

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
some_old_codger
Contributor
Message 177 of 300

Yeah, I found that page before. It says...

Can I get Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 from BT on YouView?

BT Vision on YouView gives you access to sports On Demand programmes. However, Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 channels from BT are currently only available with our standard BT Vision+ box.

Note they say 'FROM BT' without actually saying if there's another method through the same hardware, i.e. 'Now TV'. Dunno... bit confusing.

I'm just gonna leave it and see what happens.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 178 of 300

@some_old_codger wrote:

Yeah, I found that page before. It says...

Can I get Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 from BT on YouView?

BT Vision on YouView gives you access to sports On Demand programmes. However, Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 channels from BT are currently only available with our standard BT Vision+ box.

Note they say 'FROM BT' without actually saying if there's another method through the same hardware, i.e. 'Now TV'. Dunno... bit confusing.

I'm just gonna leave it and see what happens.

To be fair, I wouldn't really expect them to say that their competitors provide it, so why don't you all go to them instead 🙂

0 Ratings
some_old_codger
Contributor
Message 179 of 300

Fair point. TBH I'd much rather deal with BT as I detest and despise Murdoch but I don't fancy paying £20 for a worse service for the privilege.If BT can give me the platform buying individual games or whatever would be OK I guess.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tyre_kicker
Contributor
Message 180 of 300

So even when or if sky sports comes on to You view you will have to have Infinity to get it anyway?If so,that's gonna rule a lot of customers out,me included.

0 Ratings