cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 181 of 300

Re: BT YouView

No, not have Infinity, but you will need to be in an Infinity enabled area.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tyre_kicker
Contributor
Message 182 of 300

Thats me out then.

0 Ratings
Alves76
Message 183 of 300

Quote from the BT help page (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40469)... "Please note that a discounted YouView box is only available to BT Vision customers who are out of contract." I upgraded to Infinity 2 in April and I asked, at the time, if the upgrade would affect my getting the discounted YouView box when it came out. I was told that it wouldn't. Now I'm feeling a little screwed over. Even a middle ground for customers still in contract would be nice.
0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 184 of 300

BT Please be "upfront" "MORE" explicit in your deals, Just have to look at the many negatives on this forum who don't have a clue where they stand,  Is it really too much to ask and try to please the customers who matter, especially the obvious way you seem to be playing, concerning "new BT vision box/Youview box.

Who, here has a an understanding where they stand ? Will they have to pay more or not ?

0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 185 of 300

I will stick with vision box til I see what other options there are.
I would just use my Xbox as I have sky go, Netflix and lovefilm on it but will stick with bt til I see what Their sports channel looks like.
0 Ratings
some_old_codger
Contributor
Message 186 of 300

@drhowells wrote:
No, not have Infinity, but you will need to be in an Infinity enabled area.

Even that's a bit of a downer for me. I'm connected to the Hollinswood exchange in telford and, atm, can't get BT infinity BUT thre are houses that are only about 100 yards closer to it that CAN get it. Well, there has to be a line drawn somewhere you might say. Well, true.... but, the thing is, the houses that are nearer, (literally between my house and the exchange to which I'm connected), are connected to ANOTHER exchange which I'm closer to Smiley Mad IOW atm I'm connected to an exchange that's further away and if I were connected to the same one as they are I'd be fine.

Presumably something to do with the layout of the cables and capacities and whatnot... still **bleep** annoying though, more so as I VERY much doubt the people that live in them, (most of whom are even older than me), have got broadband. TBH I suspect many of them haven't got TV's and are content listening to the 'home service' on the 'wireless' 😄

Actually, on my 'big' TV in the living room I've got it connected as an external monitor on a Linux PC so I might investigate some other forms of catching the footie on that if it all starts to get too complex and/or expensive.

0 Ratings
Rigourman
Message 187 of 300

From my understanding you need to be out of contract with BT Vision to upgrade to youview and then recontract for 12 months on BT vision and broadband. Therefore hopefully if you have recontracted just infinity you should be ok. BT could be clearer on this

0 Ratings
swedish_cook
Contributor
Message 188 of 300

@some_old_codger wrote:

Even that's a bit of a downer for me. I'm connected to the Hollinswood exchange in telford and, atm, can't get BT infinity BUT thre are houses that are only about 100 yards closer to it that CAN get it. Well, there has to be a line drawn somewhere you might say. Well, true.... but, the thing is, the houses that are nearer, (literally between my house and the exchange to which I'm connected), are connected to ANOTHER exchange which I'm closer to Smiley Mad IOW atm I'm connected to an exchange that's further away and if I were connected to the same one as they are I'd be fine.

Forget distance to exchanges Infinity doesn't care about that, they connect fibre to a new cabinet (normally right next to the existing cabinet) and its the consumers on that old cabinet that can switch accross. Of course they need to enable the relevant exchange first but forget anything about distance to the exchange.

0 Ratings
tynyfron
Message 189 of 300

I had BT Broadband including BT Vision (PAYG) for yonks. I upgraded to Infinity about 9 months ago and just kept the old BT Vision (sliver box) within the deal.  Had to talk to BT Billing about something and took the opportunity to ask about the offer to existing Vision subscribers.  Even though my Infinity contract still has another 9 months minimum to run I was assured that my Vision subscription was well out of the minimum contract period and that I definitely would qualify for the £49 deal.  I look forward to receiving the next e-mail.  

jackietree
Beginner
Message 190 of 300

Having spoken to BT, I can confirm rigourman's view that anyone who is out of contract for BT Vision will qualify for the special offer, regardless of whether they're still in contract on Total Broadband or Infiinty.