cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 191 of 300

Re: BT YouView

Good to see bt have had a change of heart if u r already a bt customer they ask you to restart your contract on bt vision broadband or infinity u get a youview box for 49.99 cool can put up that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 192 of 300

That's only if you out of contrsct. If still in contract then if £300
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 193 of 300

I am out of contract in mid October and in an infinity enabled area but I'm not going to go for YouView until things are a great deal clearer than they are at the moment.  Think I'll probably stay on month to month terms for the time being.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 194 of 300

it says in bold i can get a box if i renew my contract iv 7 months left so if i renew my bt vision contract i can get a box for £49

surely

How much will a YouView box from BT cost?

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You’ll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

BT is proud to offer our customers the Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box, worth £299 from retailers, which has received excellent reviews over the last couple of months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 195 of 300

@TheWhizzz wrote:

it says in bold i can get a box if i renew my contract iv 7 months left so if i renew my bt vision contract i can get a box for £49

surely

How much will a YouView box from BT cost?

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You’ll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

BT is proud to offer our customers the Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box, worth £299 from retailers, which has received excellent reviews over the last couple of months.

I see your pricing is directly from the www.youview.bt.com website, but on the email I was sent, which is the same as many others it states the following in the smallprint. So I can't see how someone who has 7 months left on their contract can get it for £49 when someone who has 3 months left and others 1 month left have to pay £299

Important things you should know

Delivery charge applies.

To move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box for £49, you'll need to be out of your minimum term contract and take out a new 12-month contract for BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity and BT Vision. Customers within their minimum term can purchase the YouView box for £299. You'll still need a fast-enough line and a BT Home Hub (included if you haven't already been given one). Quality of content depends on local transmitter, suitable rooftop aerial and availability of digital channels (www.youview.com). We'll charge you £6.95 for delivery and also for some On Demand content. Terms apply

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 196 of 300

@micaye wrote:

Who, here has a an understanding where they stand ? Will they have to pay more or not ?

My hand is up!

I got the email offer the other day about the YouView offer; and initially thought it was a no-brainer.

Now I've looked into it; I've got absolutely no idea.

I've currently got the black box, Sky Sports 1/2 and ESPN, and about to be upgraded to the new SW in a weeks time.  Although I suspect this will be delayed.

I've got no idea what to do.  Stay where I am.  Upgrade to YouView; or stick out for BTV 2.  I've no idea.

Bottom line is that I don't want to lose the channels and especially the on-demand stuff which I watch quite a bit of.

I'm totally lost on all this and reading through the forum, I'm not that much the wiser!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 197 of 300

If I take the Youview box offer do I have to return the recent black box they just gave me ?

Or can I keep the black Vision box and use the Youview box in another room ?

As I am confused by it all I think I will just wait to see what BTV2 offers whenever it comes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 198 of 300

I'm not making a decision until I know what Youview has that is better than Vision apart from being able to roll back to previous programs ,do we know what's going to be on Youview yet ?

Del.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 199 of 300

Hi people

I am 6 months into a two year contract. What happens? Do I renew for 12 months or stick where I am? What do I pay - £49 +delivery or £299 - the email received says £49 +delivery but I don't believe it.

You-view loss of Skysports and ESPN is a backward step unless this will be provided through broadband - I am on infinity.

I think I will accept BT Vision 2 and forget Youview although there are 4 HD channels. But who cares?

Garry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 200 of 300

What's BT Vision 2 , is that something else that's new ?

0 Ratings