Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 221 of 300

Re: BT YouView

@masona2 wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

I think I'm going to stick with the BT Vision box and see what is available once the contract is up and then make a decision especially as sky keep asking me to go back and offering **% off for 12 months plus another £** credited to my account 

Yes, I agree. But just for clarification, I was talking about BT Vision Linear channels.

Yeh, I read that page, but based on the post about BT updating the information on youview today I'm going to stick with BT Vision for time being as it is very confusing - I don't watch a lot of the catchup stuff, so not bothered about that side, as when I do I only just my C-200 for BBC Iplayer as nothing else on any other platform beats it so far. And the content I get on it, is more than what you get via the player both on BT Vision and my Humax Freesat box.

@All I'm interested in, is what is available and at what cost and @ £300 for me to upgrade before January (when my vision contract is up) it is not worth it (I'm even hoping that my current box doesn't receive the update, until BT sort it out)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 222 of 300

Yep, seems very little to get excited about for the time being at least.

The Freeview HD channels are nice but as my main use of BT Vision is to get Sky Sports, there's no reason for me to go for YouView.

I do think that anyone looking for a TV package afresh is likely to be looking for a one-solution box that does it all - HD channels, Sky Sports, etc & at the moment that's not going to be possible with BT - I wonder if the YouView box is not being rushed out before it's really ready & able to realise it's full potential?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 223 of 300

@LesC wrote:

Yep, seems very little to get excited about for the time being at least.

The Freeview HD channels are nice but as my main use of BT Vision is to get Sky Sports, there's no reason for me to go for YouView.

I do think that anyone looking for a TV package afresh is likely to be looking for a one-solution box that does it all - HD channels, Sky Sports, etc & at the moment that's not going to be possible with BT - I wonder if the YouView box is not being rushed out before it's really ready & able to realise it's full potential?

Oh I wouldn't be too sure about that Les...

Watch this space, as they say. 

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 224 of 300

Well well well,

TalkTalk have launched their new YouView IPTV linear channels service over their ADSL lines. In low bitrate SD, of course (the same as Vision).

http://recombu.com/digital/news/how-can-i-get-youview-on-talktalk_M10926.html?utm_source=&utm_medium...

So it's technically possible we'll get the same. Interesting! And good news too, for non-fiber area users.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 225 of 300

@masona2 wrote:

Well well well,

TalkTalk have launched their new YouView IPTV linear channels service over their ADSL lines. In low bitrate SD, of course (the same as Vision).

http://recombu.com/digital/news/how-can-i-get-youview-on-talktalk_M10926.html?utm_source=&utm_medium...

So it's technically possible we'll get the same. Interesting! And good news too, for non-fiber area users.

"Good news for non-fiber area users", do I understand you correctly, you mean by switching to TT ? BT have said in future Sky channels from them will need Infinity did they not ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 226 of 300

@swedish_cook wrote:

@masona2 wrote:

Well well well,

"Good news for non-fiber area users", do I understand you correctly, you mean by switching to TT ? BT have said in future Sky channels from them will need Infinity did they not ?

that was for BT Vision, not Youview - as BT have already stated that you can't get SS1/SS2 on Youview from them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 227 of 300

@walkerx wrote:

@swedish_cook wrote:

that was for BT Vision, not Youview - as BT have already stated that you can't get SS1/SS2 on Youview from them

You cannot get it YET on Youview from them, be in no doubt they intend to remedy this. So looking at the policy switch for SS1/SS2 on Vision, what is the reason for them to do that unless they are preparing to multicast SS1/SS2 and this is likely linked to Youview enablement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 228 of 300

they just state broadband cannot see anything about channels over adsl. so it could still mean fibre
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 229 of 300

seen an intresting thread over at youview comunity forum regarding present bt customers in contract..............

Visionman

Oh, just to make BT's offer clear, 

BT will offer a discounted box to anyone that is either a new BT customer or is currently on a rolling monthly contract, who are willing to renew that contract for twelve months. 

And for the above you will get a new Humax 500gb YouView box for £49, with £7 delivery charge, so £56 in total. And a BT Essentials TV bundle at £4 a month for only twelve months, so £48 in total. 

So for £104, after twelve months, you have a shiny new(ish) YouView box that is yours to keep and will also work as a standalone box too (ie not tied to BT services). 

Nice.

so many dirffrent options whats a rolling monthly contract?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 230 of 300

0 Ratings