cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 300

BT YouView

Here's the first t@t-bit of information on the up-coming BT YouView service.

It also clears up the situation regarding Sky Sports via a YV box -

http://recombu.com/digital/news/how-can-i-get-youview-and-bt-broadband-bundled_M10826.html

Note - I have no idea what the pictured box is. Nor can I find any info on the web regarding a Pace DIP-6000 Series Freeview HD Box. But the article's still worth a read.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
299 REPLIES 299
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 300

Re: BT YouView

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 300

Interesting, depending on the package pricing this slightly better box could give BT an edge over the talk talk box.

The pace box has integrated WiFi as an option which would be attractive to many folk who haven't yet got BT vision (I have a cable connection  so no benefit to me but others rely on the home plug soloution which is not ideal for all). Also note the pace box is fan less, another bonus. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 300

@Rockintone wrote:

Interesting, depending on the package pricing this slightly better box could give BT an edge over the talk talk box.

The pace box has integrated WiFi as an option which would be attractive to many folk who haven't yet got BT vision (I have a cable connection  so no benefit to me but others rely on the home plug soloution which is not ideal for all). Also note the pace box is fan less, another bonus. 

Rockintone, the box pictured is NOT the upcoming YouView box. I have no idea why it's even pictured in the article. Very misleading...

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 300

Maybe it could be something similar o:
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 300

As long as can get to watch the same stuff I can on BT Vision without adverts them I would be happy - main thing that will sway may to get a youview box is

ESPN at no extra cost - Not bothered about Sky Sports

Netflix 

Flixster

HD Content

I would like to see if BT would offer Sky 1, Atlantic, SyFy, Watch or History as these were the main channels I watched when I was with Sky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 300

The picture is of a : 

Above: Pace's DIP6000-Series Freeview HD box

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 300

@walkerx wrote:

As long as can get to watch the same stuff I can on BT Vision without adverts them I would be happy - main thing that will sway may to get a youview box is

Netflix 

Flixster

HD Content

I would like to see if BT would offer Sky 1, Atlantic, SyFy, Watch or History as these were the main channels I watched when I was with Sky.

I'd like to see BlinkBox on there too. I'm thinking of buying A Game Of Thrones as it's HBO so it won't be coming to BT Vision. I have an xbox but I refuse to pay for a Gold subscription, so I'd have to hookup my laptop to the TV if I wanted to watch it in comfort.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 300

@minusdot wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

Netflix 

Flixster

HD Content

I'd like to see BlinkBox on there too. I'm thinking of buying A Game Of Thrones as it's HBO so it won't be coming to BT Vision. I have an xbox but I refuse to pay for a Gold subscription, so I'd have to hookup my laptop to the TV if I wanted to watch it in comfort.

I have xbox and that what i currently watch netflix on - flixster is supposed to be on it as well but never found it

I watch iPlayer on my Popcorn C-200 as can choose HD content through it

Yeh also been looking at buying that as well, the special box set is cheaper than the current blu-ray release

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 300

I'd be very surprised if we will get BT Vision catch up without adverts now. Really hope we do.

0 Ratings