cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 291 of 300

Re: BT YouView

@cornish wrote:

masona2 had this happen aswell ,when i signed up to vision my orders kept getting cancelled.i ended up with four vision boxes,4 powerline's,and then a letter telling me if i didn't return three lots within 7 days i would be charged £199.99 for each box.As you can imagine i was not to happy,but it did get sort in the end.

Ha ha ha!

Well in my case, six sent, no charge, but they only got four back. Smiley Wink

Problem is, the spare (under the stairs) is a first gen silver box. I dread to think what would happen if I tried to connect it now. Smiley Frustrated

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 292 of 300

@masona2 wrote:

@cornish wrote:

masona2 had this happen aswell ,when i signed up to vision my orders kept getting cancelled.i ended up with four vision boxes,4 powerline's,and then a letter telling me if i didn't return three lots within 7 days i would be charged £199.99 for each box.As you can imagine i was not to happy,but it did get sort in the end.

Ha ha ha!

Well in my case, six sent, no charge, but they only got four back. Smiley Wink

Problem is, the spare (under the stairs) is a first gen silver box. I dread to think what would happen if I tried to connect it now. Smiley Frustrated

I suspect it would unleash one of the first signs of the apocolypse 🙂

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 293 of 300

Anorther oddity with the YouView from BT box is the missing "catch up" ITV1 content. Loads of "catch up" from the other ITV channels but nothing from ITV1. Given this content is on the Vision Platform, I would have expected it to be in the On Demand section of the Vision Portal, but it isn't.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 294 of 300

Just a quick update.

BT phoned this morning, full of apologies. Felt quite bad for being such a bolshy (but polite) customer.

Anyway. My BT YouView box is coming tmorro, I've even got a Parcelforce tracking number !

Now all I need to do is suck up to my boss and try and get the day off ... will swing by tmorro night to let you know how the box & I get on.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 295 of 300

As a previous post has pointed out it's already been said bt a BT spokesperson that "the aim for BT is eventually to have everything on the YouView platform, as which point BT Vision will be phased out"?

In view of this, what was the point in bringing out the Vision 2 software with all it's bugs & a Youview box that won't show Sky Sports channels currently?

Would it not have been simpler to carry on with Vision as it was until a fully functioning YouView box was ready? Or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 296 of 300

@LesC wrote:

As a previous post has pointed out it's already been said bt a BT spokesperson that "the aim for BT is eventually to have everything on the YouView platform, as which point BT Vision will be phased out"?

In view of this, what was the point in bringing out the Vision 2 software with all it's bugs & a Youview box that won't show Sky Sports channels currently?

Would it not have been simpler to carry on with Vision as it was until a fully functioning YouView box was ready? Or am I missing something?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/03/bt_vision_upgrade/

is an article from February.

Suggests saving in license costs would be achieved by the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 297 of 300

@zulu17 wrote:

@LesC wrote:

Yes, thats one of the major drivers. Another is that the new Vision 2.0 platform uses Linux, as does the new YouView platform. And another benefit for users is that the boxes will also now work as a stand-alone PRV too. The same as a YouView box.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 298 of 300

@masona2 wrote:

@zulu17 wrote:

@LesC wrote:

Yes, thats one of the major drivers. Another is that the new Vision 2.0 platform uses Linux, as does the new YouView platform. And another benefit for users is that the boxes will also now work as a stand-alone PRV too. The same as a YouView box.

But what happens if the box is upgraded and you then leave BT - will it stop working like it does while on classic or will it continue to work similar to youview

0 Ratings
Message 299 of 300

Hi,

This looks like a long tread and there is some interesting stuff in it.

I've had BT Vision You View for a couple of days now, it was set up and tuned in OK, then on Friday night it had lost it's tuning, so I retuned.  I then has a bad picture, so retuned again, this time it was asking me which transmitter I wanted, West Mids or Gloucester (I'm usually tuned to Malvern but that isn't listed).  Did all the retune, now the volume is all over the place and it isn't finding channels to record, I've also lost iPlayer... any help would be appreciated.

One other thing I keep getting a YVM104 error message.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 300 of 300

this 104 error message seems quite common,somehow the box loses its internet connection even though the box says its connected,i have to restart box by pressing and holding power button on front of box for 8 secs then turn on again,i hope there is a fix on the 30th Oct updates.[button is in middle of blue light on box,its only tiny]

0 Ratings