Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolinecostner
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Youview playback complete

Go to solution
We have had our box for almost 1 year. Last night we watched a recorded program with no problem. Then we went to watch something else and the playback complete message came up. It showed this for every recording even though we hadn't actually watched it. We then tried to watch on demand and it wouldn't load. We've turned it off and on again and reset it. We've also updated it. Any thoughts of help appreciated.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Youview playback complete

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Where these programs recorded via FreeView, or were they recorded off the Internet delivered channels?

If they are from Freeview, then you need to check the signal level and signal quality via the option on the YouView box.

Signal level should be in the range 60-80% and signal quality needs to be 100% for reliable recordings.

If they were recorded from the Internet, then you need to check for any broadband issues. Noise on the phone line is a common cause, but that normally causes breakup on live viewing of Internet channels.

Any recording will prematurely terminate if the signal is of poor quality, or is lost at some point.

0 Ratings
carolinecostner
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Keith, thank you for your suggestion. Our signal level is 91% and the quality 100%. It is affecting all recordings. Some recorded months ago some more recently. Working fine up until Wednesday night. On Demand won't load either.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

If its affecting Freeview and Internet delivered channels, it does sound like a faulty YouView box. It it was just FreeView then it could be that the signal level was too hign.

Is it the new YouView box that you have, the one at the top of this picture?

YouView

Or is the UHD box as below

YouView+ Ultra box

0 Ratings
carolinecostner
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
It's the top one.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@carolinecostner wrote:
It's the top one.

It does sound like a problem with the box, unless any other forum members have any suggestions?

Have you reported the issue to the BT vision helpdesk?

The vision live chat team may be able to help.

There is also some help on this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52169/~/how-do-i-reset-my-youview-box-from-bt%3F

0 Ratings
carolinecostner
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
My husband called them yesterday but they weren't very helpful. I called just now on the phone number in the Quick Start Guide and the agent agreed with you that it's faulty. He gave us a reference number to give to the shop. Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

If the box was bought retail from a shop , then you should  be within warranty as you indicate that it is less than a year old so contacting them makes sense.

The tips listed in

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

Can be tried.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I am a bit confused when you say it was bought from a shop, as normally BT supply the box as part of your BT Vision contract, so you can get the extra Internet delivered channels. Unless perhaps you had the small non-recordable one as part of the contract.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted.

0 Ratings
carolinecostner
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
It is available from Argos, Currys etc. It's a recorder which has On Demand and Freeview. We have taken it back and received a refund. Now in Currys because Argos are out of stock. 😊
0 Ratings