cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estarolas3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT activation date confirmed and changed 4 times! And still counting...

Back in November last year I had placed an order to move my services (phone and BT infinity 2 at the time) to my new home (new build) and asked for an activation date of 22 December. At the time I paid for line rental for onw year in advance, which I now regret.

Shortly thereafter I started receiving messages and calls from BT stating that my services activation would be delayed and a date of Jan 26 2015 was eventually confirmed. As this date approached, I then got a message that the activation date had actually moved to May 22! Convinced it was an error of some sort (it also appeared on my account information online), I called BT and was assured that it would be much earlier than that but that they could not confirm when at the time. I called again later and it was eventually revealed to me that my current order was not progressing and they would open another.So, I had another order created with a potential activation date of Jan 30, but I was assured that they would try to fast track it. This was around Jan 15.

Time went by and I eventually received calls/messages/emails stating that a Jan 26 date was indeed confirmed for an engineer visit. The 26th came and nobody showed up. I called the next day, and the staff were apologetic about the situation and explained that it was an Openreach issue and that some work was still ongoing to get my services activated. I replied as I had before that many people in my street already had phone and broadband so surely the area was covered (the online coverage checker states that I can get BT infinity 2...). In the end a date of Jan 29 was again confirmed and I asked specifically if they were sure they could make it this time - I was assured that it would be the last slippage.

Sadly, it was not to be. Just yesterday I received a call saying that my service was again delayed and as such I would have to choose another activation date - the earliest offered being Feb 5. The reasons were again to do with Openreach not fulfilling their end of the bargain, and the fact that I was in a "bronze" zone. I replied that I was loosing count of how many times my activation date had been moved and re-confirmed, but was again assured that this would be the last time...

So now, I wait for Feb 5. I am considering cancelling my services with BT altogether but unsure of whether I would get my line rental saver payment back if I do so.

If a mod checks this and is willing to help, I would very appreciative. Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT activation date confirmed and changed 4 times! And still counting...

@estarolas3 wrote:

So now, I wait for Feb 5. I am considering cancelling my services with BT altogether but unsure of whether I would get my line rental saver payment back if I do so.

All the Service Providers use Openreach, apart from the cable companies, so you would be no better off if you cancelled, as you would be at the bottom of the Openreach queue, with another provider.

I will as a moderator to see if they can find out what is going on.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 5

Hi estrolas3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry about the delay activating your line.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll check the order. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
estarolas3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just submitted the form, thank you.

To add to the confusion, this morning an Openreach engineer did actually drop by and tried to make the connections but discovered the junction box outside my house had damaged wiring (should be brand new...) and needs work which he requested. He did finish all the connections inside the house though.

I really cannot understand what is going on now. Hopefully someone from support can sort it out.

0 Ratings
estarolas3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Broadband and phone were activated on Feb 29th. 🙂

The problem now is that second order that a customer suport advisor created for me as the first was not progressing is now stuck in the system (I now realise I was getting progress updates on the 2 different orders throughout January, even though one of them was supposedly not active). Anyway, this order is preventing me from requesting the upgrade to BT infinity (either online or through an advisor).

I have spoken with BTcare support and was told I would get a call today to check whether this had been sorted so we'll see.

0 Ratings