cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT actually offering the HTC Desire S

Apologies if this has been posted already, however I thought this may help anyone thinking of upgrading their BT mobile package. 

I asked BT 3 days ago for an upgrade to my HTC Hero. I fullly expected to receive the HTC Desire as advertised and which in itself is not a bad phone, although last years model. However, imagine my surprise when I opened my package and saw that the phone was actually the later and more desirable HTC Desire S. I think BT marketing needs to be over hauled as clearly more people would go for the upgrade if they were aware that the phone on offer is actually better than the one advertised!

Raptor

6 REPLIES 6
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT actually offering the HTC Desire S

Thanks for this. You seem to have been lucky. Called BT today, and they said that although some Desire S models had gone out, this was accidental and due to a "stock issue", and the model officially on offer is still the old Desire.

Personally I think I'd rather buy the new model somewhere else than take out an 18 month contract to use the old one. Hey ho! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Just received an HTC Desire S today!  So they are still being shipped.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I spoke to the helpdesk today regarding this matter, and the advisor told me that the Desire S handsets are only being given because of a stock issue, which means that the standard Desire could be back in at any moment. So beware before signing up to a contract on the premise that you MIGHT get a better handset than the stated one.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Place you're bets

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Technically the HTC Desire has been discontinued in some countries as the rest of the desire family are still going. So it would be BT's only choice to supply the Desire S as the next nearest available model. Also phone shops were having a clear out on HTC models last month or so, another sign of the discontinued indicator!

Interestingly had a look on the bt to go/anywhere page and they have replaced the Touch with a Wildfire S which is a bit of a sickener for me as I bought the old Wildfire and unlocked it !!!! And the Wildfire S is a great little phone indeed, not as powerful as others but a solid great phone none the less

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

You're right there. The Wildfire S is brilliant as far as budget handsets go. Personally, I think it's a million times better than the Touch 2.

0 Ratings