cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT & EE

I read that BT signed a mobile deal with EE http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24480956 Where do BT Broadband Anywhere users stand with this apparent change ?

Will there be any change to the contract/agreement I signed? Will we be issued new SIMS alternative phone choice on upgrade anniversary etc ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT & EE

Unless they can port the 07777 prefix numbers, there will be a lot of unhappy people, who may will migrate to Vodaphone, to keep their existing number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

There may be some time to wait, still. The change will not be made overnight.

There was a news article just a week or two ago saying that the agreement with EE had been finalised.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Hi Bazza 🙂

I suspect its too soon to sniff out the small print of this but there have been several months run up to the signing.

Time to play "watch this space" 😉
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

The company I work for ported all of their Vodaphone numbers to EE when the firm swapped contract, so I dont think its a problem for them to do so. I have to admit the EE service is not the best.

My contract is up for renewal shortly hence the interest in whats going to happen as there's 3 phones/SIMs on the contract. I know EE do a multi sim contract, but not entirely sure of the terms & conditiions. No doubt they'll be some changes ahead 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

There's an interesting news article in This is Money, dated 7th April.

(I don't like posting links, as they can be "bounced" out of the post.)

There's a reference to BT's future plans to provide all 4 services, Internet, TV, Landline, and Mobile. EE is involved, as already known.

BT mobile will be reintroduced in Spring - next year, 2015.

It's going to be a long wait for a new BT mobile handset, but it will save money, for some of us!

Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

@Ribblelancs good spot 🙂

Now BT can plan and execute what others do: bundled packages.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

people need to determine what kind of priority you would have on the network

i know with Virgin Mobile that T-Mobile customer's were given priority on the network, meaning if in crowded area you may have not got a signal on VM but would if you were on T-Mobile

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

@walkerx wrote:

people need to determine what kind of priority you would have on the network

i know with Virgin Mobile that T-Mobile customer's were given priority on the network, meaning if in crowded area you may have not got a signal on VM but would if you were on T-Mobile

It depends on where you are, and when you need to use the mobile phone.

Most phone users prefer to use a landline, and with so many junk calls and the poor sound quality of mobile calls, many recipients are suspicious of mobile calls . In deepest darkest rural areas, here, the only mobile signal is EE, usually through Orange, who switch from EE to T-mobile or others when and as required. There's one location, just 10 miles from here where mobile reception from Vodaphone, and most others, is ziltch. 

I have yet to put the system to the test, but I'm waiting for the day when the mobile phone says "Emergency Calls Only", and your car has failed on a Trans-Pennine route. It's cold, and throwing down with rain or snowing. You call 999 , or whatever or whoever, and who is going to listen?   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Even though the change will be off in the future, I'm a little dubious to say the least of the change to EE network .

I discovered that they do multi sim packages, so I suppose my 3 sim contract if transferred in the future should be fine. But its the level of service that concerns me most.

The 4G service EE offer is unrelaiable even in the 4G cities, not that having 4G is the problem, I mostly use wifi the majority of the time. I was of the belief that the advantages of the  4G signal would benefit the rural areas, but if you cant get a signal in a city half the time, I have no idea how you'd stand out in the sticks so to speak 

The actual phone quality of network voice  calls between EE to EE, and EE to other networks has been quite shocking using the company issued EE handset I have, so much so I use voip on the EE handset or existing BT mobile to make out of hours company calls.

Also the service level looks bad, simply search @EE in twitter and any page will have more complaints from customers than  that other network providers at the moment. Hi wthey won the network provider of the year baffles me. I assume its just the influx of users wanting a speedy service "The 4G miracle", which EE dont appear to be showing their strength with.

I know I sound like the voice of doom, and all networks have there ups and downs, but my experience with EE has not been the best, nor that of a lot of my colleagues. BT mobile/anywhere under Vodaphone throughout all  of of the years I've been with them had occasional problens, but non as  bad as I've experienced or read up about. I hope that things turn around for the better before BT swaps sides so to speak.

0 Ratings