Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mieliperhonen
Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT and OpenReach - Shambles

@JohnC2 @DavidM

Can someone please, please, please, help me out here.

It appears they have cancelled my order as I couldn't get fibre, they said they'd have to wait 24hrs before entering another order for copper ...... but now it seems like everyone thinks I've totally cancelled the order and that's it, we're all done, cancelled.

Why can't I get this sorted it's been way over a month and now I'm at square 1, just unbelievable.

0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 36

OFCOM haven't intervened in any 'special' relationship between BT Retail and Openreach.

The latest review by OFCOM into how Openreach operates was always planned to take place. When Openreach was formed in 2006 OFCOM said at the time they would review it again in 2016 to see if any further changes need to be made to Openreaches Business Model.
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 36

@John25Roberts wrote:
OFCOM haven't intervened in any 'special' relationship between BT Retail and Openreach.

The latest review by OFCOM into how Openreach operates was always planned to take place. When Openreach was formed in 2006 OFCOM said at the time they would review it again in 2016 to see if any further changes need to be made to Openreaches Business Model.

All this has already been explained and ignored! 

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 24 of 36

Hi @mieliperhonen,

I can see that my colleague @DavidM, had been looking into your case. If you reply to the last email he sent you, he'll be able to chase up what is happening with your order.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
hazelst3
Contributor
Message 25 of 36

Has anybody on these forums actually had a good experience with BT? I'm surprised these guys are still in business!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 36

@hazelst3 wrote:

Has anybody on these forums actually had a good experience with BT? I'm surprised these guys are still in business!

Of course not, people only post on forums when they have a problem.

0 Ratings
mieliperhonen
Contributor
Message 27 of 36

Update:

Finally I have broadband and a landline, well I say broadband what I mean is a 2Mbs connection like the one I had in 2004.

Apparently the cabinet if oversubscribed, so I can't get fibre and I can't "register my interest" because of a glitch on the web page that states that fibre is available, yes it's a available but it's oversubscribed, so how can I tell you that there is demand when you happily tell me there is fibre available in my area Smiley Mad

There are ZERO fibre ports available in the cabinet both BT and OR are firm on this, there is no way I can get fibre from cabinet 85 - I'll have to register interest - a few emails to BT/OR confirm that there are plans to look at this at the end of January 2017 Smiley Frustrated

.. but wait, next door have a SKY router, I see it in available networks (he doesn't know much about computers but he knows it takes him less than 45mins to download a movie from SKY)

.. and what do you know what PlusNet have told me ?

I can have fibre from that very same cabinet, cabinet 85, no I say, I can't, there are 300 ports and they're all full BT & OR have told me this on more than one occasions. She tells me she has done a live line check -  dslchecker.bt.com - Yes, I can 100% get fibre up to 51Mbs.

It seems like all of BT ports are full/oversubscribed but other ISP ports are not, funny how OpenReach don't tell you that. Anyone who still thinks BT & OP don't work together is just naive, maybe in law they aren't allowed to but I can tell you they 100% do.

I spent £100 on moblie data so I could contact BT via live chat, post and recieve emails over the last two months, my compensation for this absolute shambles of a homemove service = £80 Smiley Very Happy

I have never had such poor customer service from anyone like this in my entire life.

Rude phone operators, lies, lack of ownership, lack of communication, lack of action, poor service, overcharging, etc, etc.

If I hadn't spent time and money chasing this every step of the way I'd still be without any service, probably for another two months such is the lack of action from BT, it seems like they think eveything will magically sort itself out if I wait 5 working days, no another 5 working days, no another 5 working days !!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

the ports on a fibre cabinet are available to all providers they do not have allocated ports
0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 29 of 36

The ports on a fibre cab are available to all providers , they don't split them up and say 5 for Sky, 5 for Plusnet, 5 for TalkTalk,etc  so the real issue is are Plusnet correct ( Plusnet being a BT Group business ) and there are available ports, or are BT correct and there aren't ...all providers use exactly the same systems to check, 

0 Ratings
mieliperhonen
Contributor
Message 30 of 36

Well thats a worry.

I'm more than willing to hope plusnet are correct as BT have continually lied to me again and again.

Another update:

I have now cancelled my entire order with BT as they were unable to mark an order as complete (which it was) so I could place another order on the line, this seemed to be the only way forward.

What website can you use to see if fibre is actually availble and not just available in principal ?

This is what I get with my phoneline:

available.JPG

0 Ratings