cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsherris
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT are a Telecoms Company but cannot contact me in Ireland????

Go to solution

Hi, I need help.....

My mother-in-law passed away recently in Middlesbrough & I am trying to close her account & have the phone disconnected.
I live in the Republic of Ireland, with a Skype phone & a Meteor mobile phone. Neither phone will allow me to call 0800 UK numbers... HOW do I contact BT? 

I 'spoke' with a Live Chat advisor who told me to drop the first zero - yep, I know HOW to call the UK, but no, it doesn't work for 0800 numbers.... He was quite rude actually (I kept a copy of the chat log) and he eventually asked for my contact numbers... then said he couldn't call me either and there was no point in him emailing anyone because they also wouldn't be able to contact me. 
I was getting cross by this time & asked HOW a telecoms company couldn't place a call abroad when every other company has been able to?

He suggested I use a payphone & disconnected!!

Now... my nearest payphone out here is a 40 minute drive away.... do I chance it? Is there NO WAY I can contact BT or have them contact me?? 

And also, where do I go to have a moan about the customer service? 

Yours, frustrated of Ireland......... Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT are a Telecoms Company but cannot contact me in Ireland????

Go to solution

Some numbers that may help, in bold.

• Call us

To pay or check your bill, change payment method or ask for more time to pay 24/7: 0800 443311 or 0330 123 3311* from a mobile

For anything else:
Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
Weekends 9am to 6pm
Please have your account number ready (it’s on your bill)

• From a landline: 0800 800 150
  • From a mobile: 0330 1234 150*
From abroad: +44 179 359 6931**
If all else fails, then you can contact the BT Care team here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
jsherris
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Oooohhh..... Keith, you little star, you!!

I shall try right now..... fingers crossed..... I'll be back.....  🙂 

0 Ratings
jsherris
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Woohoo Keith! Thank you SO much - it worked!

I spoke to a very nice girl there who apologised for the Live Chat associate (not that it is her place to apologise for him) 

The account is now being closed & a refund cheque will be on the way..... 

Thanks again Keith - geez, what a carry on - at least it saved me a 40 minute drive to the nearest big town & pay phone.... (I don't even know where the pay phones are anyway!) Smiley Very Happy
And it's given me a chuckle this morning to think that the only company who couldn't contact me here was BT.... <shuffles away giggling like a kid>....... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Jolly good. Please visit this forum again if you need help, there is usually someone here who can assist.
0 Ratings