cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobd
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT asking for bank details over the phone

On Friday evening I received a call from someone saying they were from Bt.

The caller said my bill hadnt been paid and if I didnt pay it now my service would be suspended, (I was moved from quarterly billing to monthly and my direct debit had been cancelled an was now whole bill payment monthly).

When I asked where the caller was from he said the Philipines, alarm bells started ringing. I asked to speak to someone in the UK and was told I could not be transferred, I then asked for someone in the Uk to call me, again I was told it wasnt possible as they had no contact with the UK.

A call from someone asking for bank details immediately makes me suspicious, (theres lots of scams out there).

Why is it not possible to speak to someone in th UK?

Bob

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT asking for bank details over the phone

Sounds like a scam.

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you, if you think you have billing issues.

0 Ratings
Bobd
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have tried Live chat in the past, it just connects you with an overseas cs department which is of no help whatsoever.

In phone coversations with these call centres they have even refused to let me speak to a supervisor/manager and I certainly would not give bank details to them when they call me out of the blue, rather risky don't you think.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Live help is the best option for billing problems
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Why not simply login to My BT, and see if there is anything outstanding?

If you are paying the whole bill monthly, why did you cancel the DD?

Normally monthly billing is by DD, that is how I pay. Cancelling your DD probably set the alarm bells ringing, as BT would have been told about the cancellation.

Bobd
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

It wasnt me who cancelled the DD, it was BT, and they didnt even have the decency to tell me that they had moved me from quarterly billing to monthly billing.

\i have been with bt for 25 years and never had problems in the past.

I should have been informed and given the choice of staying on quarterly or moving to monthly.

And it was alway by DD with never a missed , late or refused payment.

Perhaps someone who actually works for BT would like to take this up?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings