Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hutchyunhappy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT bill charges for non service during moving house issue

BT dreadful customer service & incompetence

Hi all,

After deciding to move home I made the necessary arrangements with BT prior to our moving date. Our switch over date was 14th November 2014.
After numerous calls with BT and mostly dealing with multiple BT operators with little knowledge, poor communication skills, lack of interest and on a few occasions extreme rudeness, I was still no further forward with a line connection date.

It became apparent that there was no line services to my new home, which I could understand although I was disappointed not to have been informed of the situation prior to my moving home (a fact BT should be easily aware of)
I spent weeks going round and round with no clear outcomes or specific information returning to me, I actually knew more information from the site builders than BT knew, BT even had the arrogance to tell me that my information from the builders was incorrect (which it wasn't)
Numerous misinformation, conflicting information, non returning of calls, engineer dates that were not upheld, non required engineer dates are amongst a series of frustrating dealings with the vast majority of the BT operators, there were only a few operators that seemed to care and assist and they were at the end of my ordeal of 3 months!!!!!

It was very clear that the information from each phone call between myself and BT was not correctly recorded. On two separate occasions during a singular phone call I actually had to repeat my situation to three separate operators to which I had become accustomed to being transferred amongst.

So to be clear from 14th November 2014 until late February 2015 we were without services.
During one of my many and expensive mobile phone calls to BT I was advised to set up my own mobile broadband and they would foot the bill and repay the expense until they provided a service.
(Which I did as I had no confidence in a connection date within months)

Throughout this ordeal BT had the arrogance to attempt to bill me, even though we had no service!!!!

Here is the kicker.

BT have now disconnected us from their service (31st March2015) for an unpaid bill, a bill we can't get amended and corrected to reflect the 3 months without their incompetent service.
They have even added charges for BT sports which I can't even watch as I have no viewing box, I believe this came free for 6 months) with my original package.
Even this is an issue. I was informed upon moving house that a new contract would commence when I moved home thus starting the 6 months free BT sports package once more (yet another mistake by BT)

We will not pay any form of bill until they amend and correct the bill to reflect we had no service for 3 months.
I have now tried to call to speak to an operator regarding the issue, after entering my home phone number the BT automated service redirects me to the only option which is to pay the outstanding bill!!!

No bill will be paid until it is corrected, I will be sending a bill for the mobile broadband I required to set up and maintain. I am also considering looking into the loss of earnings I suffered due to the length of time I was offline, as well as the amount of time required to deal with the sorry mess. A stressful time enough moving home without this added fiasco.
I am also aware of the Ofcom regulatory body as well as the multiple rules BT will have breached in our contract.

All in all we have endured a long and needlessly complicated mess, which thinking was behind us, is in fact still present. We are seriously considering removing our service completely with BT which I am sure in the eyes of the law will be justified and legally binding due to the numbers of contract breaches sustained by BT.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT bill charges for non service during moving house issue

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Hutchyunhappy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks you for your assistance Keith, much appreciated 🙂
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Hutchyunhappy wrote:

I am also aware of the Ofcom regulatory body as well as the multiple rules BT will have breached in our contract.

A lot of us here are aware of Ofcom, and how utterly useless they are.  Don't expect to get any help from them.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 6

Hi Hutchyunhappy,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry it took so long to get you connected at your new house and for the mix up with charges on your bill.  No need to worry as I can help sort everything out from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Hutchyunhappy
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Re: BT bill charges for non service during moving house issue- bill payment issue again!!!!!

Hi again. I hope someone can help with this new and recent situation.

After getting the initial bill correction and issue apparently settled and corrected, we have once again had out services disconnected. After previously speaking with BT customer services the bill was amended, we were told that the original direct debit would be taken from our already submitted direct debit details and that we did not have to do anything further as BT would take the agreed payments on the agreed date.

It appears BT have not continued the direct debit nor have they set up a direct debit payment plan. This has now led to our services being disconnected once more and as usual with no way to contact a BT customer service department to correct the situation as I am deferred to an automated payment option only!!!

Hence I am back on here attempting to contact someone who can assist me in finalising this sorry mess!!!!!

Please can someone assist and put an end to my BT torment?

Regards,

Hutchyunhappy (again)
0 Ratings