cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT blocking my emails sent via 1and1

i'm and BT broadband, phone and TV customer , however I use 1and1 to host a website and more importantly my email.

for the past couple of days I've noticed that any email I send to a *.btinternet.com email address it gets rejected and bounces back with the following message : 

SMTP error from remote server for GREETING command, host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk (65.20.0.49) reason: 554 rgin06.bt.int.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

Has anyone else had this problem? What does it mean and more importantly how did you resolve it?

It becoming really frustrating, so any pointers would be much appreciated 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT blocking my emails sent via 1and1

There will be nothing that you can do as a customer, a perusal of the forum will reveal there are all sorts of similar problems with the BT mail system at the moment that they seem unable to resolve. Of no consolation, but I have just sent a mail from a 1 & 1 account to a btinternet account and it did eventually arrive albeit with a 30 minute delay.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes

I am receiving the same error which is generated when my NAS servers sends an error report to my 1&1 email address which is forwared to my BT internet address. The ones sent directly to my BT internet account appear OK. I have also had a relative complain about this when sending to my 1&1 hosted email address in the last couple of days.

This has happened before and been fixed. 

Can the moderators please flag up the problem.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I am having the same problem. I do hope someone at BT reads this and sorts it out

Latest bounce had this error message

SMTP error from remote server for GREETING command, host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk (65.20.0.49) reason: 554 rgin13.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

0 Ratings