Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cranfield
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT broadband/BTSport contract issues.

I will keep this as brief as possible.

Aug 2016 BTbroadband/BTSport contract expired, renewed for 12 months, email conf.

Sept received email from BTSport, " as you have not renewed your broadband contract your BTSport discount will end, etc.".

I phoned BT , my new contract had not "gone through", but offered to set it up again (a little cheaper), email conf.

Oct I received the same email, phone BT, my new contract had not "gone through", (all as above, incl a bit cheaper), email conf.

Nov the same thing again, all as above, but this time I insisted in a letter, as BT had no record of earlier emails.

My BT contract now expire 2/12/2017, not Aug 2017.

In Jan 2017 the same again, phoned BT, they told me that I had a contract (the Dec one) and ignore the email.

Same in March.

Last Friday I received the BTSport email, phoned BT and was told I had no contract, they couldn't say if it had expired, or been cancelled.

Offered to set it up again, I agreed to save the £7 per month extra BTSport fees and of course they were able to offer me a small reduction in charges.

I have yet to receive a confirmatory email, although I was supposed to get it "within 2 hours".

I appreciate that I am saving small sums everytime this happens, but I can't understand why it is, unless the BT staff member gets commission on signing me up to a new contract, rather than sort out the muddle as to why I am getting the incorrect emails.

I would mention that since last Auguust my broadband account details have not been available on My BT, but my BTSport package has.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT broadband/BTSport contract issues.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 14

Hi @Cranfield

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry you're having this problem and I can understand how frustrating this is for what should have been a straightforward request.

Send us over your details and we will look into this for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Cranfield
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Details sent and I have received an acknowledgement email from you, but still no confirmation of my "new" contract from BT.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 14

Hi @Cranfield,

It normally takes about 2 working days for us to reply. With the Bank Holidays and the weekend it could have been mid next week. However; we have picked your case up and will be in touch later today Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Cranfield
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

@Cranfield wrote:
Details sent and I have received an acknowledgement email from you, but still no confirmation of my "new" contract from BT.

This post was in no way a complaint about the Forums Moderators response.

That has been excellent.

It says I have had a response, but I have still not had a confirmation email from BT containing details of my "new" contract.

I received a telephone call yesterday from BT, but I was out , they will telephone again on Wednesday.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

the mods will contact you personally by email or phone once your case reaches the top of their mail queue
0 Ratings
Cranfield
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

"Robbie" rang last Sunday when we were out and told my daughter he would ring on Wednesday.

I have been in all day, but nobody has rung, I am going out at 6pm so it looks as though I will miss him agin today.

0 Ratings
Cranfield
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

"Robbie" called yesterday and left a message and confirmed by email  that my BTSport is now £7.50 a month, which seems to contradict the letter I received the same day from Libby Barr Managing Director, confirming the latest "new contract" telephone call when my BTSport was £5.50 per month plus the free HD for 3 months, so the whole thing is still a glorious muddle.

The letter from Libby Barr confirming I have a 12 month contract with BT and BTSport is also not very reassuting, I had an identical letter in December saying the same, but as I have stated earlier, I still got informed within 3 months that I had no contract.

I give up, l still have no understanding as to why the registration of my contract keeps failing, but it appears I will be paying no more for my services than I was before, so thats a small blessing.

Don't mark my question "resolved" as it certainly isn't.

0 Ratings