cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT broadband activation now overdue by more than a week, no updates or progress.

Go to solution

Hello, hope this is heard by moderators and is passed on to speed things up, as it can not go on like this. Simply worst customer experience I've ever had. 

My BT infinity service was due to be activated on 23rd february, it was not, I managed to get through to a person on online chat on 26th february, he confirmed with BT openreach team the dealy is due to "unable to trace and locate the socket in the cabinet. cannot find the dial tone and need jumpering work" and promised the issue will be checked again and updated on 29th february. I have not heard from anyone. Service still not activated. i need help to sort out and activate my services... this is costing me ££s and for a person with disablitlites the current customer support is simply awefull, i can not use phone and waiting "online chat" to connect for 45min without success is not a viable alternative given i do not have internet at home in first place.

I hope moderators can help me speed this up. But my issue with BT services still stands, its not customer friendly, not accessiblity friendly for disabled, i feel more disrespected then simply not getting the services i am promised be it internet connection itself or adequate customer communictations.

Please help and advise on how to proceed and sort out my delayed activation.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT broadband activation now overdue by more than a week, no updates or progress.

Go to solution
I have asked a moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Re: BT broadband activation now overdue by more than a week, no updates or progress.

Go to solution

Hi @alexsur Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post about the delay in connecting your Infinity.

We will be happy to look into this for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
thank you John, just completed the form.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
The forum mods normally reply within 6/7 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

So somebody got in touch with me from BT last week promising an engineer would visit area to see where the problem is on 8th of march, and that i would be updated. Needless to say still no broadband activation, still nothing working. Its now over 2 weeks past promised activation date, and a month since i ordered the whole BT Infinity. Nobody contacts me to update on the progress, and as far as I can tell no work was done to fix anything even though acording to BT an engineer was visiting that phone box thing to check twice now. 

WHAT DO I DO NOW? MAYBE I SHOULD GET ENGINEER TO VISIT MY PROPERTY ALSO (THIS MAY BYPASS BEAUROCRACY AND GET HIINGS MOVING)? 

if things keep on going like this it will be faster to simply cancel the whole package and go through obdusman and regulator for losses incurred (several hundred pounds) due to failure to deliver services as promised, due to failure to communicate sufficeintly, due to failure to provide for customers with disablities, due to breaking the trade descriptions act 1968 at the least.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

have the mods actually contacted you yet as it can take 6/7 working days?  if mods have contacted you by email then reply to the email about your current problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
I got an auto response email from the mods, which says they will reply within 7 days, should I reply to this email? I have not received any other emails
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @alexsur,

Thanks for posting. No need to respond to the auto reply. Your email is nearly at the top of the list so we'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings