cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT broadband connection intermittent

Hi. I just signed up for a fibre broadband BDSL connection with BT. However, I am having intermittent connection. It keeps going off every few minutes. Anyone has any idea how I can fix this?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT broadband connection intermittent

Any noise on the phoneline? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi. I have a 2 socket port as per image below. Would it still be beneficial to test the phoneline?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Testing the phone line is the first step in diagnosing a connection fault.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi. I finally did a test line and there was no cracking or noisy line. However, the internet connection is still intermittent. What else can I do about it?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

is it your hub that is dropping connection or is light staying blue but you are dropping wireless connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

BT issues.PNG

Hi. Thanks for your advise. I have posted the stats the speeds have been much less than the guaranteed speeds and the connection have been intermittent. There have been both scenarios, where the connection was dropped while the light is still blue and also when the connection is dropped when the light is purple/orange. Hope you could assist. Thanks.

farahmdfaudzi_1-1589318595553.pngfarahmdfaudzi_2-1589318624817.pngfarahmdfaudzi_3-1589318648266.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi. It seems to be even worse now. With flashing orange coming on every 5 minutes. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Your connection speed and even your attainable is nowhere near where is should be according to dslchecker results 

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to eliminate your master socket faceplate and your internal wiring as causing a problem with your connection

the test socket is shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

After removing the bottom half of master shown by red arrow you need to remove the middle section shown by yellow arrow to get to test socket.  Once connected to test socket can you repost your hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi. I connected to the test socket. Looks like there is no difference to the connection speeds.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

0 Ratings