cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeriouslyAnnoyed
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

BT cancelled my order without explanation

I placed an order for Unlimited Infinity 2 a couple of weeks ago. Hub was meant to arrive today and BT engineer was meant to arrive tomorrow. BT called a few days after the order was placed. My partner took the call - apparently, something was wrong with the order in their system, and they have to cancel it and create a new one. I would get an email, apparently.

Nothing happened - until today came and BT Hub didn't arrive. Then, I logged on and noticed my order was cancelled but no new one was created. I did not even get an email when my order was cancelled, which surely is not right?!

I called BT customer service. The automated answering system... Oh. My. God. I have never found anything worse. It asks you questions you can't answer. How can you have a BT phone number when you are not yet with BT? That question is asked even if you select the option that you are chasing an order.

Then, after several times of trying (like 15 minutes) you get put through customer service - and the poor sods can't do anything, apparently. Can't even get INTO my files. They need to pass you on to the Order Management department. Long wait, they say. So I waited.

Finally, someone answers, but it's now after 19.30 and BT customer service shuts down at 20.00. That person asks the SAME questions as the person in customer service, and then realizes they can't help you either. Why? Oh, you chose BT Infinity fibre to the home... that's yet another department. 

Why didn't the customer service person connect me to the right department before? So, it seems that BT is so compartmentalize that even simple things like checking why an order was cancelled to be answered by a very particular department. Why have a customer service department then? What do they do?

So I end up on the long wait again... and guess what? I wait for so long, it turns 20.00... and later. In the end, I get a message that no one is there anymore.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I TRIED TO SIGN UP FOR BT INFINTY!!!

A year ago, I made an order and despite taking time off work a few times, the BT engineer never even came! That's like 100% failure. How on Earth can a company like this still exist?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT cancelled my order without explanation

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 15

Hi @SeriouslyAnnoyed,

Reading about your experience it's clear to see that we let you down. It should be easy to get through about your order. There are a few options available to you. You can either contact the order chat team:

Get help with an order - If they can't help you with it they will call you and get you through to someone who works in our fibre to the premises team.

If you find you are still getting nowhere, click on my username and then on contact the mods. We can speak with them for you.

DanielS

0 Ratings
SeriouslyAnnoyed
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Hi @DanielS,

That link you provided is the same old webpage that provides me with the same old number I called so many times before.

When I click on your username, I get put through to your profile, ane there's nothing that says "contact the mods".

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

The link looks like thismod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

FTTP number (0800 587 4787)
0 Ratings
SeriouslyAnnoyed
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

@john46 I can't see what you have pasted there on @DanielS' profile. Just doesn't exist - at least on my screen.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 15

Hi @SeriouslyAnnoyed,

Sorry about that. Can you try clicking on my profile?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
SeriouslyAnnoyed
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Ok, @DavidM.

I am now really seriously annoyed. After a month of not hearing from BT, I got a phone call saying they could now process my order. Engineer would be coming on Friday, May 13. Today, I got a bl**dy voicemail saying this is going to be cancelled yet again due to insufficient resources (it seemed like "tools" rather than people.

Coincidentally, by phone/broadband with my old provider is also going to be cancelled tomorrow.

I mean... sorry to say this on a public forum, but WTF!!!! I have never seen a more incapable company!!!

And I can't contact you for the life of me, @DavidM!!!
0 Ratings
SeriouslyAnnoyed
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Also, @DavidM... while we are at it, I am on the customer service phone line right of.

I think you need to do a LOT of training with your call centre to actually check which team they have to forward customers to. Each time, they forward me to the wrong department - apparently, FTTH and FTTC are completely different departments. I've been on the phone for 35 mins now, and still have not been helped or bee passed through to the right department.
0 Ratings