Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazzabird
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT cancelled wrong number.....inept response from BT

Hi all..

heres my experience of using BT mobile.

i have a sim only for my daughter, unlimited mins..texts and 20gb of data...good deal, and she's happy with it since January.

Ok, I want another sim only for my other daughter, unlimited mins.texts and 15gb of data....sim ordered early June and doesn't arrive despite me phoning 3 times.

yesterday morning after having been billed for missing SIM I ask for the line to be cancelled and charges so far to be refunded.

after a while get through to correct person who does this.

a get a email shortly after confirming cancellation of not 2nd sim, but the active first SIM.....So I call back and after another chat, the operator confirms that the correct SIM has been cancelled !!!

gues what.......late yesterday about 8pm th first SIM dies and phone shows no service....

after spending a hour on phone this morning, it appears the SIM cannot be switched back on and I must wait for them to send another SIM out and they must retrieve my number from a quartntine

how bad can this service get

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT cancelled wrong number.....inept response from BT

Thre are activation issues at the moment.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/None-active-sim/td-p/1639555

0 Ratings
Dazzabird
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

This isn't a activation issue.

they cancelled my wrong sim 

0 Ratings
gillprior
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

They stopped something on my sim and had to send out a replacement sim, this is where you will get the problem as the replacement sim they are sending out do NOT activate!!!!!! If you are getting a brand new sim as in a new number you wont have a problem but if it is to replace your sim and the same number you will have a BIG problem!!!!

0 Ratings
grahammm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Why do they need to send a new SIM? SIMs can be programmed over the air and does BT not have access to a system like Jasper which they can use to manage (activate, deactivate, reactivate, change APN, etc) with out having to send a new SIM?
0 Ratings
Dazzabird
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Why do they need to send out a new sim?    Answers on a postcard !!

thats what they said they need to do and how can I argue with them ?

0 Ratings
Dazzabird
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

So no one from BT reads these messages ?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Dazzabird and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry there's been so much confusion with the SIM. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please send over the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings