cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 21

@AvidExpert

the title of post makes it sound like someone from BT has been nasty to someone, when all it was is someone going over their limit of course by the fairys that live in the house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Chippychap
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: @AvidExpert

Ignore this obnoxious troll above.

He has slimed his way from another site and is trying to infect an otherwise decent site.

He can't help cos he knows nothing about anything.

On another site he calls himself Pigman. APT?

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Why-won-t-BT-let-me-complain/td-p/27004/page/4

Was his helpful debut here.

On his other sites I have been told that he regularly changes his posting name.

Now you can see why.

Just ignore him

0 Ratings
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 21

reply to above.

your saying the title of the op is not incorrect and misleading ?

0 Ratings
AvidExpert
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Re: reply to above.

If you're going to claim someone is a troll, please have some credible sources instead of just stating where you saw them, this makes you seem like a troll yourself.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

he dont like me because i pointed out flaws in his claim.
i dont know what site hes been on but his claim i have followed him is laughable, as a bt customer i have as much right to join this site as anyone else.

only reason i replied to you avidexpert was the title of topic was misleading.

0 Ratings
bullied
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Back @owlie... thanks for the suggestion you posted last week. Unfortunately the download only links to a windows .exe file so it's still not Mac compatible I'm afraid. What business that file has to be on a Mac site I don't know, but I appreciate the effort.

And no, I'm not installing a PC emulator. There's a **bleep** good reason I use Macs 🙂

So the challenge is still on for a decent mac compatible download monitor to solve BT's hopelessness in this case.
0 Ratings
bullied
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Re: BT charges for excess usage

@steveaustin

"Phone monkeys" is the politest term I could think off 🙂 You don't seem to appreciate that my Mum is 77 years old and new to the internet. She has no awareness how much or little she is downloading (or actually even what a 'download' is).

She is on a pension so can't afford to upgrade, or pay more for the service.

Almost every other service provider out there provides a download monitor for use when the download limit is capped. We weren't told that BT would not provide this information when taking out the service.

We want out of the contract because the information provided is inadequate to effectively manage the usage.

Would you be happy if your phone bills weren't itemised so you could see what you'd used and what you've been charged for? With no download monitor, there is no way to verify BT's charging claims.

0 Ratings
submarinex1
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 21

not wishing to get into argument with you builled since my post was just saying title was misleading.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=internet++usage&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filter...

www.downloads.com  has a mac section with paid/trial and free stuff they do mac and pc, the link above is for mac internet usage software. might find something useful.

0 Ratings
meman887
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Did come across this for MAC:

http://www.skoobysoft.com/utilities/utilities.html

No idea how good it is because I'm a PC user Smiley Happy, but might be what your exaclty after though all the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. 🙂
0 Ratings
Owlie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Backatcha. . .

Use a Mac, not a Windows PC to register. . . then you'll be able to download the "OpenSource" executable. . . which corresponds to your environment. . .

0 Ratings