cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brightspark
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT clear fault reports when there is obviously still a fault

I have noticed in My BT that my fault reports are being cleared (resolved), or the notice below is displayed, when there is obviously still a fault.  Clear request

We think your fault is now fixed

Your fault should now be fixed

The problem with your broadband should now be fixed. If this is the case then please confirm by clicking the button below. If you are still having problems then please call 0800 111 4567

I have speed issues, related to high noise margins and a low IP Profile, which affects my Broadband and BT Vision / iPlayer. It has been going on for months, sometimes ok most times not. It is now to the point that I have had extremely poor speeds since the beginning of June. I registered a fault, via e-mail, I was fed up with phoning the 0800 111 4567 number, about ten days ago. I communicated my stats to the people that where looking into the fault a couple of times and asked them to keep the file open.

The fault is still there and I am still unable to use BT Vision 'on demand' or iPlayer.

Has anybody else had this experience

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT clear fault reports when there is obviously still a fault

Hi brightspark,

The best people to contact if you have a high noise margin problem (After you have ruled out any interference and you have plugged your modem into the test socket of your Master Socket) and a low ip profile problem (and you have waited 3/5 days) are the mods here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

I hope this helps

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

if you would like some help/assistance/suggestions from the forum members please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
brightspark
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I started a thread in BT Vision, which basically show all my issues.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Weird-and-Wonderfull-BB-Vision-Experts-and-Mods-Advice-Required...

Yes from advice from the forum, helpdesk, and others I have done all that I can. Stats and speedtester results are shown on the above.

From comments on the forum I know that speed and profile issues can take 3 to 5 days or even up to 10 to correct. But when the signal keeps dropping it is always back to square one. So I check fault tracking every couple of days to see if there is any progress.

I can understand that BT want to keep fault reports to a minimum, what I don't understand, when they have sophisticated equipment, that they can consider a fault resolved when it obviously is not.

Just wondered if anybody else has experienced this.

The mods are now looking in to my problem, I just hope they don't give up as it appears everybody else in BT have.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I seldom visit vision as I don't use it so just wait now for the mods to sort it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings