cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT conned me with Inifinity

When i moved from my old ISP i was told there were no restrictions whatsoever on my package. Then after 4 weeks of engineers a lot of lies and uselessness from BT in general i was finally told there were p2p restrictions i was gutted. Now im stuck with BT. So i would strongly recommend that if u use p2p DO NOT get Infinity. However if u dont its pretty good i get a constant 37 meg down and 8 meg up. And its gettin upped next year so i wud say get on it now. Unless u Download from p2p. 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT conned me with Inifinity

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that lol. I know that now obviously but when they rang me and promised me there werent any and they send 4 engineers to my house to fix it and remove the so called restrictions.Then to tell me that i cud cancel if i wanted to with no charge then the same day refuse and act like a D__k on the phone to me annoyed the **bleep** out of me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

I know its too late now, but a little bit of checking before you sign up for anything(not just broadband) and you would have found out so easily that p2p is throttled at peak times.

sales people are just that sales people, but if you believe that you were misled on the phone, then complain and ask that they listen to the recorded phone call.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

just how much do you need to download via p2p that this causes a problem?

I'm glad it's rate limited so people that download vast amounts of data don't affect me.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Why can't you download from p2p in off peak hours...after midnight for instance. There shouldn't be any throttling then.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

To be honest if u only DL a little it prob aint to bad. Mon to Fri 4pm till midnight it stops u downloading 30 kb/s sat and sun its from 9 am til 12 midnight all other times it lets you do what u want. Im more annoyed at the fact of being lied to.

0 Ratings