cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: BT don't seem to have a clue, maybe some of you do.

Just got off the phone to BT, apparently the engineer is working at the exchange on my problem...A phone call would have been nice just to tell me i didn't have to wait around. They are going to contact me in the next 24hr, with an answer to this problem or what is going on. 5 times BT have missed booked appointments with me, ive only had it for 7 days..ill keep this updated.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 33

So its 7:31pm and the internet is down again, this time its on and off every 30 seconds, and for those 30 seconds its below 1mb. The Hub is all blue but the modem is flashing orange by the LAN1 slot, don’t know if this is normal, but I doubt it is. It’s off a bit early today so I expect it will be back on at about 10ish, strange very strange. Seems like big Dave from the exchange has lent on the off switch for my house again…

Anthony 

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 13 of 33

i dont know if this info helps , but the fernhill heath exchange code is ' wmfer ' 

all the info i have on it is from here : http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WMFER

0 Ratings
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 14 of 33

i also live in worcester and i am on the same exchange as you , i live in warndon - where abouts are you , perhaps we live close and have the same problem ?????
0 Ratings
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

It's just come back on. Ripsta I live in northwick, so the other side of the exchange to you. Do you have the same problem?

Anthony
0 Ratings
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Another update, BT engineer came today and said that he had replaced the socket at the cabinet. He said the is where BT think the fault is after monitoring us. Well it hit 9pm and it's off again same problem as before, getting pretty fed up with this now. BT are happy to send me the bill but it doesn't even work, so what am I paying for?

Anthony
0 Ratings
blooty
Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Have you done the radio test as mentioned before?

If i've given you a helpful answer please rate me by clicking the rating star to the left 😄
BT Total Broadband Option 4 - London - Pimlico Exchange
0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 33

jmcquay wrote:A comprehensive line test...hmm, I am not aware there is such a thing.  The test heads in the Telephone exchanges can only measure basic electrical properties; voltage, resistance and capacitance.  Only if there was something majorly wrong, would the test heads pick it up.  Your line wouldn't be working at all if they pick up a fault.

It might, there are plenty of faults that the test heads can show that could cause broadband problems.

0 Ratings
blooty
Contributor
Message 19 of 33

ADSL has very good test heads that can check for sync, atm, ppp, unstable line... not sure about infinity though

If i've given you a helpful answer please rate me by clicking the rating star to the left 😄
BT Total Broadband Option 4 - London - Pimlico Exchange
0 Ratings
maniac886
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Hi,

I have been having issues with REIN and my FTTC connection(not through BT) for the last three months. I have just managed to get a REIN engineer out last week but they are yet to locate the problem. You may want to have a read of this thread I created. The REIN has affected my connection almost on a daily basis from 10am-10pm, with similar symptoms to yourself, DSL light on and off and very slow connection. It has taken 7 engineer visits before BTOR were willing to send out a REIN engineer, hopefully my thread will give you some more information about what is to come!

0 Ratings