cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT don't seem to have a clue, maybe some of you do.

Thanks again for the input guys; i have not done a test using a radio yet because well i don’t have one. I think i will pick one up though as the more i think about it the more i think it could be a REIN problem. I don’t think it is in our house but our router and modem are in a cupboard which is the dividing wall of our house, so maybe something to do with next door. I think i will mention it if an engineer comes out again, BT is supposed to be ringing me today with an update to what is going on. Does REIN effect the equipment or the main socket into the house, because before it was in the kitchen with an extension cable into the cupboard but i asked BT to move it into the cupboard as this is where the router is. So maybe before it wasn’t effected but now it’s the cupboard it is getting affected by something next door? Just a thought

Thanks again,

Anthony

0 Ratings
Razorman
Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Lol, heard it all now, BT BREAKING NEWS- RADIOS EFFECT YOUR BROADBAND, gtfo.

0 Ratings
pennywise
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 33

@Razorman

I don't think anyone said that the radio causes problems... It can pick up POTENTIAL problems if REIN is an issue. It might be worth reading more carefully and broadening your knowledge before coming out with random outbursts in future...

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm

0 Ratings
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Razorman you have made yourself look like a complete idiot, try reading all the thread before posting next time...
0 Ratings
Razorman
Contributor
Message 25 of 33

0 Ratings
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Quick update again, BT rang yesterday saying they had fixed the problem, it came to 8PM and it went off again. Same problem as usual so I rang up and a BT engineer was supposed to come this morning, as usual the engineer didn't turn up. I don't know why they book an engineer for me as they never come... Going to pick up a radio today and try this REIN test as BT don't seem to care anymore... Will this ever get fixed...haha 

Anthony

0 Ratings
maniac886
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Hi,

Not sure if you have had a look at my thread on my previous post, but it may help you search for the REIN. One thing to note, the REIN will be affecting the copper cabling coming from your cab to your property. You may want to start looking from your cab to your property first.

0 Ratings
dignity
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Yeah i read your post maniac886, cheers for that gave me a lot of info on REIN. I hope it's not REIN but it looks like it might be, what i need is for BT to come out when it happens. The problem is its fine during the day, just at night it messes up. BT missed another appointment today, that’s 3 now in a week! I need to talk to the engineers; you get no where with the BT India! It just went off 10 minutes ago, same old on and off routine, starting to become a bit of a joke now...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
maniac886
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

You may be waiting a while for the REIN engineers to arrive as BT have to rule out other issues, it also may be difficult to get them out during the night but I may be wrong! One thing you could do in the meantime is to note down the times and days that your connection drops out and put your findings on a letter along with an explanation that an electrical device is causing your broadband to disconnect. It's a long shot but a neighbour may notice that the times coincide with the time they switch a device on and off.

I am having a nightmare at the moment, my connection has been capped at 17Meg as the line can't handle anything above this speed otherwise the line disconnects completely. This has been going on for 3 months and I cant get out of contract without paying my remaining term of my contract. I may have to get Virgin cable alongside my FTTC connection if BT don't get back to me soon.

I hope things work out better for you as I know what a nightmare REIN can be.

If you have any questions , just ask!
0 Ratings
terryb
Contributor
Message 30 of 33

Have you a street light outside you house ?.

When it comes on does your connection become unstable .

0 Ratings