cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 53

Re: BT dropping minimum guaranteed speed half way through contract.

I'm not sure if crosstalk has an effect on snr or not.

Do you know if you're served by an ECI or Huawei cabinet?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 53

I had a quick look at some pictures and I think it is a Huawei. I might take a walk tomorrow and see if there is a number on it. The one nearest me is only about 100 meters away, maybe less, but I could also be on a different one, I'm not too sure.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 33 of 53

The result from the checker would have had your cabinet number, you cut it off though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 53

The reason I ask, is that if it's a Huawei cabinet, then G.INP will be enabled however I'm not convinced the home hub 5 supports it, the Huawei Openreach modem definitely does and some people have seen quite an increase in their speed when utilising G.INP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 53

If you give me your cabinet number and exchange name I can check for you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 53

I found out my cabinet number (3) and I did a bit of detective work on Google earth and found the cabinet (it had 3 on it). It's definitely a Huawei and it's 190 meters away from my house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 53

Pop your number into here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker and it'll tell you which one you're served by (you might not be on the closest cab)

Let me know what exchange and cabinet number and I'll check for you
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 53

Thanks Webby, PULBOROUGH is served by Cabinet 3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 53

Yep indeed, they're all Huawei cabinets on your exchange so the G.INP route may be something to look into.

Personally, when fibre reaches me later this year I won't be using the home hub. There are much better alternatives available now for under £100.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 53

Thanks for checking. I might take a look into it.

I found a really informative link about the FTTC DLM. http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/

I guess I could of had a noisy line and so the DLM dropped the connection speed to 60mb which then stabilized the noise, which is why I now have 6db.

It says that REIN (Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise) can cause errors on the line which the DLM may pick up. Apparently some powerline adapters can cause REIN, and funny enough I have one sitting right next to the homehub and master socket. It's an older TalkTalk branded one though so I would of thought they made them to not cause problems. I can test it out in a week or so though.

To be honest, I'm not even that bothered about the line speed, I'm just interested in learning why it dropped.
0 Ratings