cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 53

Re: BT dropping minimum guaranteed speed half way through contract.

If you're on a Huawei cabinet you can look into getting a router that supports G.INP. This helps with crosstalk. (If you can let me know your postcode I can check if your cabinet is Huawei or ECI. Vectoring is still very much a possibility, so it's not the end of the line by any stretch. All of that said, the loss of speed you've had should really be impacting on your user experience. You've got enough bandwidth to stream about 10 HD streams simultaneously 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 52 of 53

Thanks Webby, actually you already did the check earlier in the thread 😄 and it is a Huawei.

Yeah, I actually think the speed is fine to be honest. I was more interested in why it was dropping. If anything, speeds should be increasing in this day and age, not decreasing.

The main reason I wanted to be sure is because if the speed was due to line errors I would of sorted it out and waited for it to go back up to 80meg. As it seems it's crosstalk, I think I'm going to try and drop my package to Infinity 1 to save money and just have 40meg.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 53

Oh OK, I had a skim through and couldn't see it 😄 So many threads all seem to merge in to one!

For the vast majority of homes, 40meg is more than sufficient.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings