cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 16

BT YAhoo email not been working since 20.00 pm GMT last night Stony silence from both companies

Since last night I have been unable to send emails from any Ios Device,  I can receive.  I have tweeted both companies posted on bth BT and Yahoo community pages and not one person has replied.  I am not alone.  

I have deleted, re added accounts, changed and rest passwords.  This is not the issue. 

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE that noone from either Bt or Yahoo or whoever now manages the servers and the paid for service is responding. 

People run bsuinesses on email

SORT IT PLEASE

Make a press announcement so that we know what is going on

Provide a BONE FIDE customer contact number so we can call you, not a dodgy one offered by a 'third party"

I am deeply frustarted, wasting hours trying to resolve this. 

Thank you

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 16

Re: BT YAhoo email not been working since 20.00 pm GMT last night Stony silence from both companies

Seems to be working again now. BUT BT and Yahoo have done themselves no favours yet again with the lack of explanation or updates over the matter. It's just typical behaviour.

0 Ratings
andyfromgrimsby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Re: BT YAhoo email not been working since 20.00 pm GMT last night Stony silence from both companies

I had the same problem and fixed it by folling the instructions in this link. Basically you need to change the password in your outgoing smtp server to be the same as your incomming server. 

https://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/answers/i-have-changed-my-password-but-now-cannot-send-email-from-...

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 16

Hi

I did all of that.  It looks like tere was a general problem as eventually it all started tow rok again but it mazes me how neither BT or Yahoo or collectivey have anywhere they will piost a general status report and updates!
Cheers

0 Ratings
lewisdl
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

I had been having similar problems with being able to receive emails on my Iphone and I pad but not send any. This fol;lowed reseting my password.

I now realise that you have to provide the password in the incomming AND outgoing servers.

I followed the instructions given above and everything is fine now

0 Ratings
lewisdl
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Re: BT email problem on iPhone (can receive, but not send)

thanks your solution worked for me
0 Ratings