Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT email used on discussion forums.

Go to solution

Hello again.

I use my BT email address on a couple of forums to tell me when someone has replied to a discussion in which I have subscribed or wish to follow. Lately, this has resulted in me not now getting any notifications at all which is strange. Usually these are picked up or forwarded to my Gmail account but they're not. Even when I sign into my BT email account they are not there either.

I suppose that this is a problem with the forums in question?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT email used on discussion forums.

Go to solution

First, check to see if they are in your spam folder and if they are not there you will need to establish if they are actually being sent by the forums in question.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

First, check to see if they are in your spam folder and if they are not there you will need to establish if they are actually being sent by the forums in question.

Thanks but they are not in the Gmail or BT mail spam folder but I'll check the latter again. Strangely enough, I went to one of these forums i.e. Avforums and changed the email address to my gmail one and am now getting a response to subscribed threads.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

BT mail does seem to be a bit flaky at the moment, some emails are very delayed arriving.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

BT mail does seem to be a bit flaky at the moment, some emails are very delayed arriving.

Depend how flaky you mean!  After changing email to gmail I later received a lat BT mail notification from that forum. I could always now change it back to the BT email address. Life's too short though. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I couldn't sign up to this forum using my BT mail, it never arrived. I had to use hotmail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Biko wrote:

I couldn't sign up to this forum using my BT mail, it never arrived. I had to use hotmail.

How on earth do people manage more serious business matter with such a carp email service, then? I'll stick with Gmail thanks.

0 Ratings