cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 17

BT failing to provide service again!

Why do i keep finding I have to resort to complaining about BT service on this forum? Probably because they don't seem interested by any other means of communication.

Our Phone line is frequently noisy, our broadband is always slow and intermittent at these times. I phone India who are only interested in checking the IP on my computer, despite me telling them it is a repeat problem and to look at our fault history.

Faults are logged by India, but nothing ever comes of them thay are just marked as completed a week later. Current fault I reported on the 24th August they phoned me back 4 days later, in the afternoon after I told them I work nights and am not available in the afternoon - then they completed the fault off despite not speaking to me. I went back to them a week later but had to start the fault process all over again! 

So here we are again 11 days in and still nothing done to resolve our problem. I have taken to accosting engineers outside our house as every time they open the manhole in the road they knock off our phone or broadband. If I am lucky they fix it there and then if not I have to wait days for a repair.

If Virgin was an option i would be gone like a shot, but everyone else uses BTs lines and that is where the fault is and they have no appetite to actually fix them, the engineers repeatedly tell me they are old aluminium cables that are now unsuitable for the task. Despite having an infinity enabled exchange less than a mile away we cannot get infinity because the lines are so poor.

Looks like my only hope is 4G for the future and if I didn't use IPTV I would sack BT immediately.

Waiting for the mods to invite me to contact them so I can get my line fixed, even if I know it will only be for a couple of months at best. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
DavidM
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT failing to provide service again!

Hi ikolpdog,

Thanks for posting. I’m really sorry this hasn’t been resolved. I’m sure I can help with this. Can you please send over the details? You’ll get the contact link in my profile. Once I have the details I’ll take case ownership until it’s fully resolved for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

Fault originally reported on the 24th August, finally fixed on the 9th September. It took two engineer visits and the fault was exactly where I knew it would be, in the manhole outside my house.

We have had 2 days of a useable phoneline and decent broadband speeds, although the router has lost connection on at least one occasion.

What do I see today? Thats right the BT engineer is outside my house and in the manhole, obviously fixing one of my neighbours lines that would have been broken when mine was fixed! I expect mine to go off any minute now and result in me chasing the van down the street to get the engineer back to fix it!

I am looking forward to hearing how much BT will be knocking off my bill this month as I am sure we are well outside the service agreement.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Did you contact

0 Ratings
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

Here we are again, BT engineers outside the house all day today. I went outside and told them they had knocked my phone off. I was assured it would be working at 16:00 when they expected to finish.

Got home tonight and guess what - no phone! Barely a month since last time plus I didn't even get a call back last time offering a refund for the 10 we had no service!
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

have you contacted DavidM and taken up his offer of help
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 17

Hi ikolpdog,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry the fault has returned. I can see your email in the queue and we'll be in touch shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

If you were trying to call me on my home number - it doesn't work....
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

0 Ratings
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

Not so much as a call to advise the line is back up, never mind a refund for the time it was down! BT provide me with 75% service but demand 100% payment.

I give it 6 weeks and my line will be off for another 10 days, after a ham fisted engineer breaks the connection, but BT will want paying regardless. I look forward to the day I have an alternative provider.
0 Ratings