cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
applepie999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT fiber infinity 2 and ftth in polegate?

I just wanted to ask and check whether polegate has fiber optic and specifically at cabinet 14 in polegate?

Also I I am curious if fiber to the home/premises is available in polegate or not?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT fiber infinity 2 and ftth in polegate?

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only(EO) line. This means you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.

Sometime in the future Openreach may install a cabinet out side the exchange and this will allow EO lines to connect to a cabinet. This however is not high on their priority list so may take some time.

Use your phone number. If you don't have a BT number use the address checker. It is more accurate than the post code checker which can cover more than one cabinet.

If Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is available I think you might find the price a bit off putting. See link for wholesale prices.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=M80QNeH46o4g6J...

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi applepie999

Cabinet 14 on Polegate (SDPLGT) exchange was acutually FTTC upgraded via the Openreach (BTplc) Commercial superfast broadband programme.

So yes FTTC is available on Cab 14.

There is no FTTP in that cabinet area, and FTTPoD (Fibre to the Premises on Demand) which is where you pay (can be £Thousands) for FTTP to be deployed to your property is also not an available service in your area.

Though some FTTP maybe planned for areas served by cabinets 16 & 22 under the e-Sussex BDUK Broadband Rollout.

0 Ratings
applepie999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for letting me know guys, appreciate it.
0 Ratings